Kiwi Gal looking for support please

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwiana 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• I’m just about to start my journey after reading all the comments in here and getting inspired by all the success stories. I am in my early 50′s and have been overweight for the last 9 years. Lost heaps of weight in my early 40′s and then just seemed to put it all back on again and then some. Finally gave up smoking five months ago but this has resulted in a weight gain of another 8kgs. Just getting depressed thinking about it but got no-one to blame except for myself and I’m the only one that can change the situation. Have been on all the fad diets under the sun and none have worked as they are too rigid. I usually can stick to something for a few days and if I see a result then can go longer but as soon as it stops working then it goes out the window. I like this 5:2 approach as I hate having to stick to anything and this seems to be made just for me. I am feeling very positive that this will work in my case and have just finished setting up a spread sheet with weight and measurements on it. Will be starting my 1st fast day tomorrow would appreciate any tips about how to approach this.

Hi and welcome.

I take photos once a month and have seen a huge difference in body shape.

You may of seen posts here about how some 52ers lose the weight slower than others or dont start losing until a month or so of fasting. You do need patience with this woe. Give it 6-8 weeks if you arent seeing any weight loss. Also remember to take measurements. Dont jump on the scales daily as this plays with your mind. Your weight moves around on a daily basis. Pick one day and weigh that day weekly. I weigh in the morning after my second fast.

Thanks for the tips Kiwiana. I’m really excited and hopeful that this will work for me. How long have you been following this for and what results have you had?

Hey sharennenz, I am also a kiwi and same age as you
    I have been on it since June and have lost 5 kilos
    It is very slow and not sure if it’s my age or what however I am looking at it as a lifestyle change. I would like to lose another 5 kg and if that takes another 3 months so what. I am fasting Monday/Tuesday as I like to get it over and done with at the beginning of the week.
    So all the best and hope it goes well for you

Hi Mariao,
    Well done on what you have accomplished so far, I think that I might have a lot more weight to lose than you do as in I would like to lose about 30kg. I’m going to attack that in smaller amounts and focus on 10kg at a time. I will only weigh myself once a month and see how that goes. Just starting to have to take medications for high blood pressure and cholesterol and had a scare recently for angina attacks so looking at this from a medical/lifestyle change too.

You’re welcome Sharann

I’m now in week 14 haven’t weighed in this week yet – will do that tomorrow but last week I was down 5.5 kilos. Had two gains of about 100 or 200grams (not much at all) the rest of the weeks have been a downward trend.

My loss is moving very slowly but im losing alot of inches. Clothes feel as if I have lost 15 kilos and my blood pressure has finally returned to normal.

Eat your TDEE on feed days
    If you can, do some exercise on fast days too

Hi Kiwi Gal.

I started 5-2 about 8 weeks ago and had a bit of a shaky start but have lost 6 kilos in the 8 weeks. I probably could have lost more without the shaky start and the occasional fall off the wagon, so to speak. I hope you keep it up, it really works! I actively promote the 5-2 to almost everyone I meet. I bought ten of the books and gave them away to friends and family. I’m in Sydney and have found it easier to actually Not Eat on fast days. I never really ate much before but used to kinda eat a whole bar of chocolate or whole packet of chips whilst watching TV. I hope you keep it up and have the easy success so many people have.

Thanks for the tips Kiwiana, and Bencarl. I’m thinking that I’m going to do the same as you bencarl and not eat on my fasting days as If I don’t eat in the morning I can go all day without it. Will just stick to Green Tea to get me through the day and of course water. I will have to eat something at night as I have to take some medication. I thought I would just try an apple maybe. eeling a bit excited to start this and I’m working from .30am till 8.30 tomorrow night so this will help keep my mind off food. Hopefully by the time I get home I will just go to bed and sleep. Will let you know how my days goes. Thanks again.

You may struggle the first few fasts. I know it took me two weeks I was knocking back water, green tea lol and had to make room for one snack. Now I can have two green tea’s and 2l of water rather than double the water. It really does get easier. Hunger pangs do pass after a little bit of time

1st fast day today and looking forward to it. Just sitting here drinking my green tea before I get ready for work. It is going to be a long day but will get there in the end.

Loving all the positive feedback – keep it up guys!

Today is end of my 2nd day and I feel this a lifestyle change I will be able to maintain rather than a harsh fad
    I have a hectic work day so I know I’m better to have lunch and dinner or my energy flags

LUNCH: leafy green salad with handful of glass noodles and a slice of grilled chicken
    DINNER: 300 cal veggie lasagne with plate of raw spinach and rocket

Lots of water and green tea’s

Feeling good 🙂

Well made it through the day and if im honest it was rather easy. Did think about food a bit and had heaps of green tea ( about 10 I reckon ). Has helped doing the long hours at work today as didn’t have time to think about it much. Looking forward to the next fast day which will be on Tuesday. Thanks for all the support everyone.

Great to hear Sharannez.

Im doing 4:3 this week. First time, could be the last time too lol

Lol Kiwiana,

Just had the 2nd day of fasting and wasn’t bad. Think I did go over my limit tho but not too worried as will watch it next time. What I did today was way better than I have every been so not going to lose any sleep over it. Think I might weigh my self on Monday morning as going to have another two days on fasting which will be Thursday and Sunday.
    Good luck with the 4:3 Kiwiana and is there a reason you are trying it?? Just curious.

Welcome Sharannenz

Glad your first fast day went well and your second was pretty much on track.

I love the photo comparison idea. I think I’m going to have to start doing that too Kiwi.

4:3 is quicker loss as you’re fasting on more days. Some people also like to do it if they get stuck in a rut. There are all sorts of reasons. It’s a case of finding what suits you best and what you think you can stick to.

Glad to hear all is going well. I sometimes go over my 500cals its not a big thing, I still lose weight.

I have read and heard that doing 4:3 brings greater benefits not just is weight loss but in health. Also helps if you havent seen any good gains over the weeks but that is not why I am doing it. I just want to give it a go.

I wont be doing this every week. My social life is important too lol but I will look at doing this once every two months.

Thanks for the reply Puny and I agree I like the idea that we can customise the program to suit us. It is fantastic and I cant wait to see my results. Trying to hold out as long as possible to make sure that I can see and feel that it is working.

Let me know how you get on Kiwi and good luck with it.

Hi Sharannez,

Completed my first 4:3 last week I did Mon,Wed and Fri all went well. I didnt suffer any side effects and wasnt all that hungry come the third fast day. Weekend I ate normally.

I did notice I gained weight after the second fast but ended up losing a total of 300grams after my third fast. That total is about the same as what I would lose just doing 5:2. I would say to give it a go I will be doing this say every two months.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.