Keto vs 5:2. Newbie

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi I’m just completing a 30 day diet which was a severe calorie reduction -500 everyday. And also no carbs or sugar.
    Good results both in weight loss and general gut health. My gut has never felt so good!
    However….this is not a sustainable lifestyle for me, and I’m now thinking of doing the 5:2 ongoing.
    I’m just hoping that all my good work over the last 30 days will not come undone in my first week here.
    I am a 60 year old woman, with a laid back (read lazy) lifestyle. 🙂

Have you read either of Dr Michael Mosley’s current books: ‘Clever Guts Diet’ or ‘The Fast 800’?

On either plan Dr MM advocates a properly balanced and very varied, Mediterranean-style lower carb wholefood diet (phew). This absolutely should be compatible with the results from your kickstart month.

HTH!

Thank you Firefox. I would definitely like to follow a Mediterranean diet, and have now purchased the Fast 800 recipe book.

Excellent advice, thank you.

I’ve had good results with keto, & combine it with 5:2 or alternate day fasting too. You could continue with keto, if you’ve felt healthier eating very low carb, there’s some iffy info out there about it, I’ve found the 2ketodudes have good resources, they have a forum with good info too.
    500cals for a month is pretty extreme, well done for sticking to it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.