Just Thinking

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sassy 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi I’m jewels24, I really need to lose weight and I’m not very good at sticking to a regimen. I always forget to take supplements, and I don’t like being hungry either. I am still on the fence about trying the diet.

I heard about The Fast Diet from my chiropractor, he and his wife did the diet over the summer and lost about 75 lbs combined. Even though someone I know and trust as a medical professional promotes the diet I still have some trepidation about it.

I am anxious to lose weight, but I don’t want to try (yet again) another diet that really is too hard to stick to, or takes too long to show any results no matter how hard you work at it.

Any thoughts that can dispel my fears on this would be helpful.

4.8kg’s in just over two weeks tells me it works. I didn’t like being hungry either and you’ll hate the first couple of days but after 5 it’s a breeze and if you don’t see your “normal” days as a license to eat more than you normally would or over indulge in crap food it will work for you to, THAT IS KEY.
    I choose to have one meal at night on fast days and find that I can easily make something substantial and stay well under my 600cal limit. I was surprized at how much food it can be.
    Can’t stress enough that normal days are just as important as fasting days. I love the way I am now looking at food and saying to myself on normal days “I could have that if I want to, nah, maybe later”.
    Go for it jewels24, stay strong and be patient.
    FK

Hi and welcome to the forum,
    i was a yo-yo dieter for years before trying this new way of eating,
    i have tried most diets out there, lost weight to only put it all back on plus more than when i started, i decided to accept my size and never diet again,

that was until last august when i first saw the horizon program about fasting,
    i can honestly say this way of eating has changed my life, other eating plans ive tried id lose about 2 stone become bored with the same food,and regain everything, and an extra stone, never has anything been so doable before for me,

i started last september, weighing 15 stone 11 lbs, to begin with i was hungry, moody, and had headaches, but after sticking with it for 6 weeks all those side affects stopped, because i was so over weight i lost 3 lbs a week to begin with, since then it has become about 1 lb a week, ive taken 7 weeks off from the plan in my 14 months, im down 4 dress sizes and 47.5 lbs bringing my weight to 12 stone 5.5 lbs. in the early days i didnt have just 500 cals i gave myself extra to slowly get used to the plan, it does work, its not totally painless, but it is doable long term and that is the key,
    for the first time in my adult life im wearing size 14 jeans, and know that i will be in a healthy weight range, i just dont know when.

if you do decide to start this plan my advice would be give it a fair go, (6 weeks should tell you if its for you or not) set small goals, measure everywhere, because when the scales dont move most times the inch loss does.
    best of luck whatever you decide xx

@ fast for life

“if you do decide to start this plan my advice would be give it a fair go, (6 weeks should tell you if its for you or not) set small goals, measure everywhere, because when the scales dont move most times the inch loss does.

This is good advise worth highlighting.

It’s happened to me and I’m on that path.

Hi jewels24, very good advice from the others above – and do read through the forum as you will find lots of evidence to dispel your fears.
    For so many of us, this eating regime is much easy to stick to – and return to, if you do have a lapse – than anything else we have tried when wanting to lose weight.
    I have been following it for almost 7 months, have lost 15kg, and now have healthy BMI, waist-height ratio, and %body fat – and am still losing weight to give myself some wiggle room for when we go on holiday or are otherwise out of a normal routine.
    I have been astounded at how relatively easy it has been to lose this weight. Even tho it doesn’t always feel easy on the fast days, just find some nice herbal/fruit teas to drink, have a cup or two of black coffee, be proud that you are in control and know that the hunger means your body is burning that fat! And read the latest (and explore the old) posts for added motivation, and add some of your own (this can be rather time consuming tho 🙂 )
    Initially I didn’t change my diet much on non-fast days, but over time I have found I have greatly reduced my intake of less healthy foods with little sense of loss – though I do still have them. (As you will see from rockyromero’s posts, he has been very successful in removing such foods, and has lots of tips for doing so. But I think most of us do indulge from time to time without it impacting on our weight.)
    Very best wishes
    Sassy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.