Just started

This topic contains 12 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Bluecat 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Greetings Dr . Mosley,

Just before retiring as a chaplain in the prison service, I have perhaps sillily signed up to do the three peaks challenge at the end of June to raise some funds for our charity. I’m reasonably fit but about 20lbs too heavy.

I’ve just started the diet this week and done two fasts. Neither was too painful although I was tired at the end of day two (which was a working day).  Hoping that the next four weeks will help me get in shape and perhaps I will have to carry perhaps 10lbs or so less up and down Ben Nevis, sca fell, and snowdon.

Really please so far.

All the best,  it is better to avoid measuring your weight every day…

Hi there, new to The Fast Diet and new to Forums (so really hoping I do this right).

I dabbled in The Fast Diet today- downloaded the Kindle Version and read it avidly yesterday, but am waiting so that I can start properly with my husband.

Anyway my “dabbling” took the form of not eating anything from about 8.30pm last night to 6.30pm this evening- I call it “dabbling” as I am really unsure of how many calories my dinner was- it wasn’t a massive portion so I’m not beating myself up over it.

What was very interesting was that I had absolutely no problem with the fasting part- drank tons of water and kept busy and before I knew it my husband was home from work and it was dinner time!!

I have ordered the recipe book as I feel I may struggle with inspiration for breakfasts and dinners, so will wait and see.

This is the most excited I have ever been about trying a new eating regime. Having tried pretty much every diet going and currently being the heaviest I have ever been (funny how that works isn’t it??!!). I had a Health Check on Monday to check Cholestorol, Blood Pressure etc and when I found out that my waist measurement was nearly a metre thought action was required. Then I saw Mimi’s article on the Daily Mail online and felt compelled to find out more.

Anyway, will let you know how I get on……

Today was my first fasting day.  I’ve blogged about it here:  todaysthedayilose.blogspot.ca  I was really happy with how well the day went and am looking forward to doing it again next Tuesday (I’m going to fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I do TaeKwon-Do on Mon, Wed and Sat.)

I look forward to getting to know everyone who is on this journey too.

Hi Everyone. I started the diet on on monday and I struggled and ended up having a food tantrum at dinner and nibbling on a box of Kelloggs fruit and fibre for hours. I had breakfast  and herbal teas but was so hungry;  all I could think about was my dinner. I made food for my husband and kept “tasting” the food as I cooked. I had my evening meal and then nibbled on the cereal. Needless to say , the first fast day was not a success.

Thursday was my second day and it went very well:)                                                                              I had green tea all day and had a 500 Cal meal. I did not even think about the food nor did I reach for the Kelloggs box. I was in good spirits. I am very pleased with I managed it so easily.    For me I guess eating all my calories as my last meal of the day works better.

Goodluck to you all

Find having a little something for breakfast, scrambled eggs does me until tea time, then I used the rest of my cals then.. But I totally see where you’re coming from even now, and I’ve been doing since January,  some days my fast days are a killer, and some times if I wake up in that mid I know won’t be able to do it that day, I’ll move it to the next day, that way I don’t get myself all stressed about it!  That’s the beauty of this diet, you’re in charge, if you need to change it, you can. … Good luck hunny xx

I’m going to restart the diet again next Monday after some failed attempts during the past weeks. I’m still battling an awful 2-month episode of emotional eating and I can’t seem to be able to shake it out =( But next Monday I’m going for it once and for all =)

I have a 100 cal breakfast and lunch and 250 calls for dinner leaving me 50 cal. For a little snack during the evening. By being able to have that little 50cal. Snack, I don’t feel deprived and don’t go to bed REALLY hungry….it works well for me, hope that helps someone….

I downloaded the Kindle edition of the diet book, now I need a good calorie counter.
    I started my first fast day at 8am with a poached egg on a small slice of granary bread and drank black tea sweetened with 1 tsp manuka honey.
    I couldn’t totally miss lunch so it was 1 ryvita with low-fat spread and a banana, drank a small glass of milk.
    Dinner will be about 6pm, a small chicken salad.

Probably too many calories there, but it’s only the first day.

Hi I started the first fast day by doing 2 – 2. I managed it but the next one I did from dinner the night before on the Sat had 500 meal for dinner on the Sunday then nothing until about 1 the next day. This seems to have worked for me. Lost 4 lbs and an inch off waist in two weeks. Just doing 5th fast day. Good luck to everyone. Find this forum really works like seeing how other people are doing.

I also just started. This is my second fast day. While reading the book I came across an app called MyFitnessPal. You can download this for free on your smart phone. I went to the web site and signed up. It is really pretty good. I put in the foods that I planned to eat and it gave me the individual count and the total count for each meal. I need to get something for when I am not around the computer. I don’t have a smart phone. I have an ipod but you have to be around wifi to gain access. Need a good calorie counting book to carry around with me or just count on staying home on fast days.

Hi Debjb44
    haven’t started yet – have diabetes 2 so have to tell G first – but have downloaded a calorie counting program called My Fitness Pal – found app on Apple apps store – I have an iPad so put it on there – very useful “tool” – one puts in personal info and programme tells you how many calories you need per day – then each day you enter in what you eat and programme totals up calories, fats, sugars, proteins etc so you can see how you are doing. Has masses of food types on database and you have the opportunity to “create” the meals you eat if not. Have started this in readiness for calorie counting on fast days
    Have also downloaded a BMI counter which I also find useful
    These apps suit me as I am just an “app geek” and an iPad lover – but I think these apps are also available for PCs
    have got the fast food book downloaded to Kindle on both iPad & PC – very useful

good luck on your journey

I use MyFitnessPal on my SmartPhone and wouldn’t be without it; I can be anywhere and record what I’ve eaten and what I’ve done (exercise-wise)even if it’s just a guestimate at the time. Inputs can be updated at anytime. I also use the Diabetes.co.uk app for recording my sugars.

I did find an app that calls itself The Fast Diet but it’s from a fashion company and wondered if it was to do with Mimi.

Anyway, I often say about MFP “where have you been all my life?” With this you can scan the barcodes on the food items to get all the nutritional information and it covers stuff that I use here in France. Brilliant!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.