Just joining

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  YvonneB 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• I have just found this forum and am excited to be joining. I am an American and would like to do the intermittent fasting with others of you who are trying to lose weight and be healthy. My goal is to exercise 6 days a week and to fast at least two days a week. I am 52 years old and am having a difficult time losing weight. I have a very active job and I walk a lot during the day but it does not seem to be helping very much in my weight-loss journey. I look forward to getting healthier with all of you.

Great Yvonne. I felt exactly like you when I started 6 months back, in the meanwhile Ive lost 16kgs and am feeling fabulous. All the best girl!

Thanks Rajita!

Hi Yvonne and welcome:

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

You have found exercise does not help much with weight loss – you have to count on calorie restriction for results!

Good Luck!

Yvonne, welcome.

As frustrating as it seems, exercise plays a much smaller in role in weight loss than we think. Exercise is important for health and strength, but you really have to exercise many hours a day to burn enough calories to lose actual pounds. Keep all that walking and 5:2!!

By the way, I’m almost 61 and almost at goal. Yes, we can lose weight even as we get older.

Thanks Simcoeluv I will check out the link. I appreciate the info!

K-Lo thanks for the encouragement!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.