Just joined

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  redflame625 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Planning to start next week and worked out what days next week. Any advice on what I can eat and ensure I have in the house?

Hi lisa. There is so much advice on the site it can be overwhelming but everyone is really helpful. I am only half way through my fourth week so I’m not an expert but I followed this advice. Don’t eat till you have to. I have my snack at 4 which is blueberries as I find these lovely and give me a taste burst but for my tea I made some carrot and coriander soup as its thick and feels like I am eating something substantial.(I freeze 4 portions at a time so I don’t have to think about it) I then have a low calorie light aplen bar so I have something to chew as my mouth feels the need! It is all about what suits you best as I know some people need a breakfast whereas I find it just sets off my hunger. I allow myself 2 coffees with milk then drink water (a god send for making you feel full) and peppermint tea. If you look through the site there is load of advice but that’s what I do and I hope it helps. Good luck!!!! It really is easy once you get started and get the right mind set and don’t think of it as a diet. x x x

Hi Lisa – you can eat anything (not everything!). Have you read the book, the recipe section will give you good guidelines.
    I agree with saraann, it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle.
    Some people do the 500 calories, some drink only water on fast days (I drink only water because I find it easier for me not to have taste buds tempted at all on fast days) – I’ve lost 16.2kg since February and this will be for life in some format.
    It’s really a matter of deciding which schedule works for you
    good luck

Thanks both of you for your advice, it’s definitely about getting your head in gear. I thought I would skip breakfast and then have a vegetable based soup and then a piece of fish and veg. Excited but nervous. Do you do the same days every week? Also how many calories do you think you have on the other 5 days? Well done both of you so far….

Thanks for your advice. It’s was a great help. Well done so far….

Hi again Lisa. I do mine on a Monday and Thursday as I like the break in between. I worked out my calories on my non fast days on the calculator on the site so I try and keep within that. I have failed occasionally when we have had a meal out and drank a little too much but I don’t beat myself up about it. I still managed to lose a little bit of weight on that week. I am measuring myself for the first time on Saturday as that will be my first 4 weeks and people advised me to measure myself at the beginning. This is because I was warned that even when I didn’t drop weight I could still be losing centimeters. I know I have started to use the next hole on my belt so it will be interesting. Today is a fast day and its the first hard one I have had but that’s because I pulled my back yesterday and am stuck in bored. I had to have an apple but will count it in my 500. Have you started yet? If you have, how has it gone?
    Sara x

I haven’t actually started yet as I have been doing loads of reading and getting sorted. I am going to do next Tues and Thurs so I have plenty of time to plan what I am going to eat and get the stuff in. Haven’t see yet the bit on how many calories to eat on my non fasting days – will have a look at that. Good idea about measuring – I thought I would do that on Monday when I thought I could weigh myself. How much have you lost since you started.? I want to loose 2-3 stone so I may be doing this a while! X

I have lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks. The first week was the biggest loss but I don’t mind if it slows down as long as it goes down. I have just over a stone to lose so got about 11 lbs left to go. Its a good idea to plan and get your head ready but I can honestly say its really not that bad. It’s actually quite freeing on the fast days but definitely keep busy. I have decided to get my old jeans down from the loft (I kept my “normal” clothes hidden as it was too depressing looking at them and not getting into them)as I think that’s probably a good way to see if I am shrinking as I can try them on each month and see if they fit! I am really excited for you and can’t wait to hear how you get on but if you struggle get on the site and people will help. x x x

Hi Lisa I am only 4 weeks in and fas in Monday (after weekend ) and Thursday (have Tues and wed in between) I got tips form reading the book and this site. Keep lots of veggies and protien based meals on hand. Do keep trigger foods and junk foods out of site. The hardest part for me is to stay busy during fas evenings. Get busy either in the house (read, puzzles,knit ) something to keep your mind and hands busy during fasting days. Good luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.