Just completed my first day on FD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone, I have just joined and completed my first day. I did this diet about 3 yrs ago and lost about 5kg then stopped. I am now 56 and been diagnosed as borderline diabetic. My weight is 71kg,at my heaviest ever.
    My problem is keeping away from sweet things!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hide them.
    On Fast Days, I put the bowls of snacks into the pantry. Yes, I do still know where they are, but out of sight is out of mind.
    On Slow Days, try setting the timer for 2 hours. In that time resist the urge to snack. If you still want a sweet after the timer rings, RATION yourself: just one bonbon/cookie/whatever. Try to set a calorie limit for the rationed snack: say, 100 calories. then figure out how many candies/chocolate chips/cookies fit into that limit.
    Mind over matter, Mrs cookie.

Hi fasting me. Thank you, I will try this. Gets difficult when I pick my grand daughter from school and give her snacks!! My second day today has gone well so far!

Try weaning the grand daughter to healthy snacks. Not all at once, but slowly.
    Glad Day 2 has gone well. Tomorrow will be our next Fast. Will try some new recipes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.