Just about to start.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  qwerty 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Good afternoon. I live in Perth WA. Very new to groups so may take a while to get it right. I have 20 kgs to lose, I have watched the SBS eat fast live longer with great interest and now ready to start on Thursday. I am 69years old and have to do this now or never.
    My biggest problem I think will be knowing what 500 calories looks like and would appreciate any help.I believe there is a new recipe book coming soon.

Hi mikayla, welcome to a great forum with some brilliant contributors. Yes there is a recipe book and you should be able to get it “down under”. In terms of what 500 cals looks like, one quick way to get a good idea is seek out a good quality ready meal that has a good balance of protein and carbs (veg) that has around 350 cals. Lay it out on a (small) dinner plate and you will have a rough idea of what you need.
    Also browse through the links found on the top right side of the home page, these will help. Look for the “Southern Hemisphere” posters, you will find many like minded “Fasters” living in your “neck of the woods”. (They bring a smile to my face). Finally, do not worry about this way of life, ease into it, enjoy it, ask questions, seek advice and keep us all informed of your progress.
    Good luck.

Hi mikayla

Welcome to the fast diet forum.

There is tons of information already on this site; have a look back at many posts to learn as much as you want to know about this ‘way of eating’. It’s nice if someone informs you personally but you can do both; there is just so much information here. How people cope with certain problems etc.

Have a look at the ‘Help! All Ladies Of A Certain Age – Please Respond!’ thread. It’s a thread where ladies in our particular age group help, encourage, inform and chat with each other.

What a fab time of year to start the fast diet! Right at the beginning
    Good luck and Happy New 2014 and New You!

Hey Mikayla! Welcome to the forum. Like Booboo said, have a good look around the forum and the FAQ section, they may already cover some of your questions!

About the 500 calorie thing, there are a ton of calorie counting websites and apps out there. Just track everything you eat for a week or two and you will start getting the idea.

Hello all, I am starting 5:2 today and it is my fasting day. I have 10kg to lose and I’m 54 years old. I live in Sydney and I work full time as an educator. I am already coupling this lifestyle eating plan with the High Intensity Training which is linked to the diet (because Dr Mosley recommends it). So far I have completed my workout and it took eight minutes altogether. I’ve eaten half a banana. Will have soup for lunch and fish and salad for dinner.. Good luck everyone 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.