I've joined for accountability

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mimi 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi everyone,

I’m a 38 year old Australian woman who has very recently done a ten week stint of The Fast Diet with my husband.

We both lost 5kg in the official time, but since then, have found that we’ve lost another kilo each.

I started at 69kg, but am now a very comfortable 63kg.

I did all measurements before and after the diet. I lost girth everywhere.
    The most noticeable place where I’ve lost weight is my waist and my face. I have curves and a jaw again.

My husband and I are now doing maintenance Sundays, which is today.

We found the diet to be difficult at first, but got used to it very quickly. We fasted on Sundays and Tuesdays. We chose Tuesday as our second fast day, as it is the lightest day of work for us, and we felt that we could handle the ‘hunger grumps’ on those days.

Since doing the diet, I can now resist food for longer than I used to. Often my stomach grumbles before I realise that I’m hungry. Portion sizes have been reduced, as we no longer feel the need to eat as much. Snacking is less often, and of course, of a smaller size.

I found that I no longer am ruled by food. Food is last on my list of things to worry about for the day.

My productivity shot through the roof on my fast days, as I needed something to keep my mind off being hungry.

My creativity does diminish, and so I find that I cannot learn something new, write a poem, or do anything extremely meaningful.

I’ve recommended the program to many friends, but all have declared that they couldn’t possibly do this thing called ‘fasting’. I used to be of the same mind, but of course, I changed.

I did exercise during the diet, and started what is called the C25K program, where you go through a 9 week program to eventually jog for 30 minutes non-stop, or jog for 5km (whichever comes first).

The program can be found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

As I was unwell for two weeks of the diet (but still fasted) I didn’t exercise, so I’m doing week 9 of the C25K program this coming week.

Exercising with The Fast Diet is fine. In fact, exercise is a hunger supressant, and I found that while fasting, I didn’t want to eat breakfast straight away.

Results of the diet are; weight loss, loss of girth, greater energy, feeling fit, looking great (people have remarked on a “glow”), and having a higher self esteem.

I got into The Fast Diet from watching the BBC program ‘Eat, Fast, and Live Longer’. I then purchased the ebook, which I read in two hours, and talked the possibility of doing the program with my husband.

I used the guide for foods at the back of the book, and made up some meals for my husband and I. We didn’t buy any special diet foods. I used what was available in the cupboard and freezer. Once I had put our planned meals down, it was easy to follow the diet.

Hi, crazytwish – Everything about your account is really great to read, so, many thanks for that. Well done on your C25K progress and do keep checking-in here. I hope your Sunday has gone well. (It’s 1pm in the UK so you’re probably into Monday by now – and fast asleep!) Have a wonderful week ahead.

Hi Crazytwish,
    Reading your post was very inspiring. I am 38 and have lost 5kg also! I started a little heavier than you at the beginning of the year just calorie counting but bobbed about at 69kg for weeks and it was 5:2 recommended by a friend that finally shifted the scales in the right direction and kept them there. I’d love to be 63kg, well done! My first goal is 64.5kg as then at least I will no longer be over weight for my height for the first time in 3 years.
    I too have followed C25K. I do it every Autumn/ Winter as I live in hot climes. I love it. Running fits round your life just like this diet.

Hi Jeanius,
    Love reading your posts. I feel I can trust your opinions and facts. Thanks for contributing to the forums.

Manders

What an inspiring post! I’m on my first fast day and I’m feeling very very hungry but you’ve given me the motivation to not give in.

Starting the C25K after work today (I’m also in Aus) and look forward to being able to run. I don’t like exercise but it’s a must at this stage.

Keep up the good work 🙂

I am also in Australia, Sydney and this is the first forum I have joined because I feel this will help me succeed. I will be 40 at the end of this month and really want to lose weight and feel more in control of my eating. I was not going to weigh myself or take measurements just see if my clothes get looser? Would you recommend taking measurements and weighing?

Any advice would be welcome!

Yes!

Just weigh yourself once a week and measure bust/chest, upper arms,waist,hips, and thighs and perhaps even neck-and do that once a week too.

There are some weeks when the weight may not shift on the scales, but it is clear that the body is shrinking. It’s great to see tangibly that there is change. I have found that my clothes have certainly become looser, but it wasn’t obvious when I started on this new way of eating.

I am 52 and have lost 21 lb since January.

Just remember, it’s a marathon and not a sprint.

I love the marathon not a sprint comment…. Will focus on that. This is actually my first ever attempt to lose weight… Piled on pounds after four babies. Every time I read about diets failing it is because people have gone back to normal eating, whereas I already feel that this is definitely a way of eating for life rather than a diet. Powerful psychological message in there somewhere I think?

Glad you liked it.

When I started this way of eating in a very cold January, miserable with a bowl of soup but no bread to dunk in it, I had to keep reminding myself that this would take time. After all, no-one becomes overweight in a couple of weeks.

I love eating what I choose (but making better choices), I love the way my new emerging body is looking, I love that 2 winter skirts that I have worn for years are sliding down my hips, I love the fact that I am now back into all my size 12 clothes, but that some are too big.I am eating far more raw and fresh food. I feel better and fitter.
    I have 4 almost grown chaps to feed.My top tip to cope with food and the kitchen is drink water before you start, have a small pile of raw veggies for you to eat if it all becomes too much and give them food that you don’t care for but that they love on a fast day.They are eating Chilli/rice once a week in my house!

Yes! A marathon not a sprint. Thanks for your post crazytwish – really inspiring for all the Fast Dieters on the forum.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.