Is there a Geordie in the house?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  littleflower 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• …well there’s another one now 🙂

Hello!

I am new to this, having just passed my 3rd week on Sunday.

Week 1 lost 2.2 lbs.
    Week 2 lost about 0.8 lbs (thats the scale on my bathroom scales. Just what is 8/10’s of a pound anyway? ….Forget it! 😉 ) and
    Week 3 about the same.

Sitting at around 3.8 – 4 lbs lost in 3 weeks, which I’m quite pleased about.

I’m fasting Tuesdays and Thursdays and have had nothing but a cup of vegetable chowder so far today 🙁

This site seems great and I need ot spend a bit of time having a look around and gathering extra infomation and advice.

In the meantime…

Does anybody know if diet pop is allowed on fast days?

Secondly…

Just how much “restraint” should we be exercising on non fast days. Sticking to the recommended daily calorific allowance for a (ahem) mature male? or is letting things “slip” a little ok?

Anyway. Hello from Prudhoe and wish me luck!

🙂

Welcome Hairy Biker. I am a neighbour of yours living near Durham City. I have been on the 5:2 for a year now having had my ups and downs but am still a stone less than when I started . As you say, spend time researching the site. There are some superb posters with great advice and experience. Click on a posters name then on their history of posts created which will also help. Use the links on the top right of the home page, they will also help. As to diet pop?. Well each to their own but remember that the artificial sweeteners in these drinks are viewed with suspicion by many. Try flavouring water yourself with something like a dash of fresh lemon juice or go for plain as I do. On non fast days while I would suggest trying to stick to recommended calorie allowance do not count calories and go easy on the alcohol mainly because of the sugar and negative calories contained in said nectar. Remember do what suits you and use the K.I.S.S. approach to this way of life, it will help. (Keep It Simple Stupid). It works for me.
    Good luck.

I have cut my usage of artificial sweeteners by 99%, and I notice an absolute reduction in my hunger, so the experts are right about it stimulating insulin.

Here in the U.S. we can buy naturally sweetened 0 cal sodas and vitamin water drinks that are naturally sweetened with stevia or erithrytol. So I use those, and notice they do not stimulate my appetite. Technically, yes you can use artificial sweeteners, but now I realize how much they hindered my attempts to lose weight in the past, and I do believe Dr. Mosley is not too keen on them either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.