Introducing Myself

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stephka 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all

I’m from Australia, and I’m new to this today.

I’ve always loved all of Michael’s documentaries, and the Fasting one was on here about 4 months ago. I thought it looked interesting, but I had just started Weight Watchers (again!) so filed it away in my memory.

I do like Weight Watchers, and I do believe that it works, but after many months, I’m bored with it, which has made me complacent. As Michael and Mimi say, counting calories or points every day is just not sustainable. And being motivated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the rest of my life sounds impossible! I have lost almost 8kgs on WW, which is great, but it’s been a hard slog, and I haven’t lost anything for 4 weeks. Not because the programme doesn’t work, but because I got bored and started “cheating”.

Yesterday I remembered Michael, and did a quick google. I found the book on Amazon, and downloaded it to my Kindle. I read it last night, and today is my first fasting day.

It’s funny, I never eat breakfast. EVER. Today, I woke up starving. Yep, it’s obviously purely psychological. A coffee and a glass of water and the feeling went away.

I have decided to fast on Mondays and Thursdays, with 2 small meals of 200 cals at 2pm, and 300 cals at 7pm. I have another 20kg to lose, and I look forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I too successfully did WW a few years ago and lost nearly 2 stone… however I found it very hard work and once I stopped my weight started creeping up again and I put over a stone back on, until I started fasting. I’ve lost a stone since January purely through fasting and really not being bothered about what I eat on other days. At first I definitely over-ate on eating days but I think as I got more used to being hungry, over-eating became a less frequent occurrence, still without any particular effort. Best tip: don’t get disheartened if your weight goes the wrong way for a week or two… keep at it, it gets easier. Good luck 🙂

Hi everyone! I just started today, too. I last ate around 7pm yesterday. It’s 7:42pm here now and I had a coffee with a splash of almond milk and a bit of agave syrup for “breakfast” around 9am this morning (I cannot live without caffeine) and then a shakeology shake for “dinner” at 6pm for a total of 313 calories for the day. I decided not to eat any actual food today because I’m terrified of eating a bite and then losing it and eating the contents of the entire kitchen. I plan to experiment a little and figure out what will work best for me. (I’m REALLY drawn to the idea of fasting from 6pm to 6pm as Mimi suggested as a possibility in the book but I’m afraid I’d spend that first evening after the fast scarfing down everything in sight as I tend to be hungriest in the evenings. I know from experience that I am unlikely to be ravenously hungry when I wake up in the morning tomorrow.)

Verdict so far: I feel okay. I’m used to dieting and frankly, I didn’t really feel any hungrier today than I usually do when I eat small amounts throughout the day on a diet like WW. (I also did WW three years ago and lost around 25 pounds but I’ve put it all back on plus a little more.) It really helped to know this was only for today and not forever. (Now the trick will be to commit to “only for todays” twice a week!)

Good luck everyone! I look forward to checking in with you all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.