introducing me

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anniew7 11 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi I’m just a beginner and started yesterday, Saturday as my first fast day.
    I’m well overweight and as much as I would love to continue with my indulgent eating my husband and friends are keen for me to do something about it.
    I’ve tried lots of diets that work but don’t last. So no harm in giving this one a go. I guess I have much reading to do as I don’t have a scientific mind, interesting as it is, and I’m 67 so my brain cells are losing weight rapidly :-)so anyway Hi!

Hi clitheroe, I, like you am overweight, I want to lose 56 pounds to put me in a healthy weight range, I have done this for 3 weeks now and I have lost 4lbs which is really good and I even had a Chinese meal with a friend last night and still managed to lose 1lb so it must work.
    Good luck with your journey.

Hi clitheroe (Lancashire?) Please god don’t say your brain cells are rapidly disappearing, I’m only 9 years behind you and need something to look forward to, not dread 😀 I’ve found 5:2 relatively easy to follow. Fast days are not quite as difficult as you might imagine and on non-fast days, just take a bit of care. You’ll find that your weight will fluctuate so don’t get on the scales everyday. And above all, try not to think about this as being a diet as such. Whilst you will need to be careful, no food is a sin. Welcome 🙂

Good luck clitheroe, I’m 71 and been on this plan for nearly 3 weeks and have lost about 7lbs, steady progress, so quite pleased and not finding the fast days too difficult so far. Like you I’ve tried many diets but usually fall off the wagon with the boredom of daily calorie counting. At least on this you can eat what you like on feast days, within reason. I find Monday and Thursday are the best for my fast, no way can I go without my Sunday roast! Keep us updated on your progress and all the best.

Ann

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.