I'm taking control…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Radroa 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello everyone!

I’m having one of those days where I feel all empowered and ready to take control of my life. Also my first day of fasting… This could be the reason for all my clarity? Either way, I’ll hold onto this feeling for a little while 🙂

A little bit about me…
    I’ve struggled with my weight for years. I have PCOS which, teamed with a terrible relationship and breakup, caused me to put on a decent amount of weight. I moved past that relationship, learned how to deal with my PCOS and I lost around 12kgs. Then got lazy.
    More recently (bombshell coming up…) I was raped and robbed at knifepoint. I ran away and escaped with some nasty bruises both mentally and physically. This was almost 3 months ago and I’ve come a long way since then, but have also put on a few kilos.
    Today I have decided to take more control of my life and lose the weight I’ve always promised myself I would. I can’t let negative things that have happened to me impact my body in the way they have up until now- I need to turn things around and get back at the world for what it’s thrown at me.

I’m 27, and weighed in this morning at 84.2
    My goal weight is 65, and I want to be there by December.
    I’ll fast two days a week, and do my very best to stick to 1,200 calories on my feast days.
    I will also exercise as much as possible, and do a running program a minimum of 3 times per week.

I had a read through some weight loss success stories this morning and am feeling more inspired than I have in a long time.

Looking forward to spending some time here, and hopefully sharing good news 🙂

M, x

Morning Mittens,(I hope its morning where you are) welcome, glad you have made your decision which I believe is the first chapter to your success story. Yes life may have dealt you hard but I hear they say “pressure makes diamonds harder than stone” so hang in there! I only started last week and a week into it without much exercise coz my mobility is abit compromised by my RA for the time being I am 0.7kg(1.5lbs) down. (15kg to go)!
    Cheers!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.