I'm new here, and have no idea how to get started but..

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
I'm new here, and have no idea how to get started but..

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bcjmmac 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi I’ve been doing the 5:2 diet for 4 weeks. I’ve only lost 3lb (One a week) It doesn’t seem much, I don’t count cals at all on my non fast days, could this be the problem Or is it just a slow process? I’d really appreciate some advice, and perhaps a bit of advice on how best to use this group? Thanks xxx

Start with this thread https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ which will lead you into others.

If you’re not counting on your non fast days you could be overeating to the point that you are replacing the calorie defecit of your fast days.

Look around the actove threads, mostly people will be willing to answer questions, but as the forum can get quite busy not all posts get spotted quickly.

Thanks for your reply, I think I have been over-eating. I read somewhere that you should eat a lot on your non fast days so you don’t be hungry on the fast days. It makes more sense what you said though x

Where did you read that you should over eat on NFD? That doesn’t make sense if your aim is to lose weight. Eat up to your TDEE on NFD and up to 500-800 cal on two your FD. Eat bulky foods with lots of fibre on your FD to avoid feeling hungry. The hunger “feeling” comes from the hormone Ghrelin which is produced by your stomach when its in a contracted state. So fill up with bulky fibrous or fatty foods. Cruciferous veggie, beans, cheese eggs. Avoid processed grain based foods and sugar.

Brie, You may be confusing alternate day fasting with 5/2. IIRC, ADF allows 115% of TDEE on NFDs but there are more FDs/week so it balances out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.