If I'm comfortable with less than 500 cal, shall I eat less?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
If I'm comfortable with less than 500 cal, shall I eat less?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mjrebelo 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• It is my first day today on the fast diet. I was a little concerned about the hungry issue, so I delayed my first meal until I felt really hungry. In fact, I wasn’t hungry at all and finally at 17h30 I decided to eat a boiled egg and a carrot. It is now 21h in Portugal and I’m going to eat a light fish with salad.
    I would like to know, if I’m comfortable with less than 500 cal, shall I eat less? Is it beneficial or prejudicial?
    If I eat less shall I eat only dinner? Or is it important to have two meals on your fast diet day?

Hi mjrebelo,

I would say it’s fine to eat less than 500 calories, or to have just one meal on the fast day. The past few weeks I’ve had one meal around noon on fast days, and it’s been less than my 600-calorie allotment, but I’ve been happy with it, and my weight loss has been steady. Furthermore, the past couple weeks I’ve felt very comfortable in the evenings of fast days, whereas I used to feel very deprived.

Good luck!

I just drink water on fast days and do zeroe calories. I find it easier just to accept no eating. Works for me. Don’t stress about it

jambuster7, I use to be unable to sleep when I’m hungry, that’s why I concentrated the calories at dinner time.
    Westozzyblok, I think that, if I don’t find issues getting to sleep, I might be able to endure zeroe calories on fast days, so I’m curious to know if the results are quicker and better and if there is any inconvenience.

If I understood the book correctly I think one meal a day is better – fasting for as many hours as possible on the fast day.

Personally I like just water as I feel it gives the body a complete rest from digestion, and for me, I like the freedom of not being locked into thinking food for day. I do a 36 hour, ie dinner, day off, breakfast following day, and a 24 hour, dinner to dinner. Works for me, but really the nice thing about 52 is you just make it suit your own lifestyle and preferences. I like the very obvious, lose weight? Don’t eat proposition. So for me, mucking around with a low cal evening meal just doesn’t do it for me. I quite like the hunger feeling.

Thank you for sharing. I agree that fasting for as many hours as possible seems right.
    I will try the 36 hour approach, as I woke up today without hunger.
    In fact, the obvious “lose weight? Don’t eat” is unquestionable.
    Good news that for me weren’t obvious are the other benefits that come with the fast.
    From the book I was not quite sure that 36 hour zero calories doesn’t have health issues, because I didn’t find information about it. But since you have been happily doing it I will try it myself!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.