I was able to fast today!!! Whoaaoo!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
I was able to fast today!!! Whoaaoo!

This topic contains 86 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  timnz 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 87 total)

• Last night I stayed up till 2 am ( started at 11 pm!) writing out all the low cal foods and doing a menu. ( I have both books on kindle) as I was starting today..Halloween.

It went amazingly scarily well.
    Brownies at craft, took one home for tomorrow!

boysenberry smoothie at 12.45
    First food. Had 2 herbal teas and 2 waters only this morning. ( don’t drink tea or coffee)
    200 ml semi skim milk, but very think so added about 1 1/2 cups more water…peeing like a trooper today
    I don’t think you need milk, so will save the 100 cals for meat/ chickpeas as an extra etc in the stir fry.
    100 grams frozen boysenberries although blackberries and strawberries are half the cals (27) but didn’t have any. I like boysenberries, very juicy and refreshing, and some ice. Made about 750 MLS which took ages to drink cos of brain freeze!
    Filled me up for 3 1/2 hrs till 4.30
    I was stuffed.

Didn’t eat till 4.30, as not hungry, had a herbal tea though at 3
    Had a huge salad ( some still in fridge , which I was going to have for supper) at 4.30 pm, as a pre dinner appetiser
    Ice burg lettuce, ( some of the courgette and grated carrot from dinner allowance, maybe 30 grams each the other 70 grams used at dinner,) cucumber, mushrooms as no radish in the shop, tomato, celery, it was huge and yum all things were 100 grams . I needed a bigger bowl to toss it. I was shocked
    with red wine vinegar as dressing

Then at 7.00 huge stir fry, would have fed 4 with kidney beans ( mashed a bit in fry pan) as no meat to use in the house …meat that was suitable that is, or fresh fish fillet, and didn’t want tinned salmon as high in cals, didn’t have any tinned tuna. But the kidney beans worked well. ESP mashed a bit (80 cals)
    All things 100 grams
    Bok choy, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, courgette, spinach, a little tomato from the salad earlier, 4 thin slices, celery, then fried 2 Egg whites in the pan to one side ,( 34 cals, so much lower than a full egg, will use yolks in a frittata another day) and chopped that in, and added 100 grams ( dried weight) vermicelli, that had been soaked, not the wheat stuff but the stuff made from bean stuff. Used in chop suey

Stir fried veg in red wine vinegar, and added 1tsp chook stock, 1 cup water, pinch ginger, morrocan seasoning, pepper, chili paste 1/4 tsp. and dried dill As I added the noodles, and the veg was softer.
    No oil or soy. Or garlic, ( as high cals)
    It was so filling and yum I didn’t need rice criskit crackers with cottage cheese and salad that I had planned for supper!
    They are still in the box/ fridge.

I’m absolutely stuffed. I shouldn’t have had 2 huge plates of stir fry but I hate ‘ not eating enough’ but really One plate would have been plenty.
    I used the calorie counter at the back of the fast diet book, so the stir fry came to about 270 cals
    Red wine vinegar is zero cals but in the book it’s about 4 cals for the amount I used.

More water tonight ( another litre, as I watched X factor ) plus all the water in the veg, I’m going to explode.
    Really pleased, much better than 3 weeks ago when I tried and was just annoyed. Hated doing the maths, didn’t have any veg but frozen, no salad stuff etc, was starvin all day cos all I had was eggs and frozen stir fry veg, but it had corn / cauliflower / beans / broccoli, onion, carrots in so high cals ( I didn’t use fresh onion this time..as high cals) so could only use 100 grams for 100 calories, this time I used about 700 grams for 87 cals . Pick your veg people!!!

So didn’t eat half as much last time. Went to bed hungry and grumpy.
    ( had 1 large spoonful casserole and one spud for dinner last time, not enough food)
    Arrgh

This time, I wrote out all the low cal foods and used them only, More bang for my buck.

I think I can do it.
    I need to be organised!
    It’s cheap…maybe $8 for my food today.
    I know I’m Suppose to do it twice a week.
    I will try.
    Otherwise once a week and one day no wheat/ sugar and the other 5 very healthy and careful…no binging, just the odd treat if need be.

( I just did no sugar for 3 mths but this seems more beneficial health wise)
    No sugar was good, cos I’m an addict, but I hope to be more in control around sugar/ high sugar carbs now…

Mmmm, early days!

I’m 5 FT 8 female , sahm
    Weigh 84 kilos, down from 89 in April, when I started tabata ( on exercise bike, or running up our hill, but have stopped that now, just do an upper body tabata Jon Gabriel shared) and cutting sugar.
    Another 10 kilos off would be nice.
    I jump on the trampoline every day and walk 3 times a week.

Any tips you can suggest? Any thing that has worked for you?
    Look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Wow, an impressive start! You have made such an effort 😀 (Makes my fast day diet seem as boring as it actually is!! I really must try to make more interesting meals.)
    This forum is FULL of fantastic tips, so my best advice is to look at the topics created by newbies and read the replies they have received. Also browse thru other topics of interest. Read thru the faqs as well – these are a quick summary and a useful reference. You sound pretty well informed already tho.
    Are you planning to do 5:2? This is a good place to start, but you can try 4:3 if progress is slow, and combine with 16:8 if you want as well (4:3 is helping me as I get closer to my goal; I haven’t yet tried 16:8 except on fast days),
    Drink lots of water/tea on all days.
    Avoid the sugar if you can – tho, as others have noted, 5:2 should still work with you having whatever you want on non-fast days, providing you don’t exceed your TDEE. (The problem with having sugar products is that you tend to want to eat more of them once you start…as I am sure I don’t need to tell you!)
    Use this forum for support, advice and helping others – can be especially helpful if feeling ‘weak’ on a fast day, or if the kgs are not shifting as you would like.
    Take all your body measurements, get scales that measure %body fat, take a photo now, and then keep track of how these change. Try not to get obsessive over it tho – there are quite a number of people who prefer not to do these measurements but just check how they are going by how clothes fit. You will know which approach suits you more.
    Best wishes and good luck 🙂
    Sassy

Thank you sassy!!
    I have been reading posts over the last few weeks but as I was not keen to fast again ( was going to do 2 non wheat/ sugar days instead) I didn’t want to post, but hey, I jumped back in and will give it a good month.
    I got my calories for the vermicelli off fat secret .com…and it was wrong! 100grams was 157 it said, . But on the packet which is kjs it’s 345 once converted to cals!! No wonder I’m full!

Lucky I didn’t have the crackers and cottage cheese.

So today I probably ate 500 cals, but I always freak out about being hungry.
    But I need to learn that hunger is good.

Thanks for the tips, waist is 35″
    Only digital scales, no fat % but being in the 70’s would be good.
    Need to lose the baby weight, as she just turned 11
    Watch this space!!!
    Thanks again.

Mmmmmm you’re making me daydream about boysenberries now! I used to treat myself, after a particularly long hard day chambermaiding, by buying myself a boysenberry icecream at the shop on the way back to my digs, when I was travelling in New Zealand. There’s nothing quite like it in UK I don’t think – well nothing I’ve come across anyway – please let me know if any other Brits know of a boysenberry connection in this country.

Well done on your fast & welcome to the club 😉 Sassy’s pretty much covered it all there – good luck to us all.

Thanks tracyj ….yes boysenberry ice cream ( by tip top or anyone really) is pretty nice!!!
    Refreshing….
    Where did you work?

We are going to the uk for Christmas, I’ll bring you some 🙂

Thanks for the welcome.
    Looking forward to the journey.

Ok, have been to the supermarket with a list and got the things I need for the next 5 fasts it seems!

Big big mistake..:( .no wonder I was full last night, I ate 800 cals yesterday! I miscalculated the vermicelli
    So I have re done my food for Sunday, which is my next fast day and then Wednesday
    I will share below incase anyone wants some ideas.

I’m just going to do this each fast, unless it gets to the point where I want to stab myself in the eye cos it is so dull and boring.
    This way I can get one chook boob, cut it up into 80 gram portions and I’m away
    Or a bag of frozen shrimp 250grams and again use 50 grams so it lasts for 5 meals.
    I had never bought shrimp before, it was $5 (£2.50 ) not bad..

Anyway, this way No thinking re food.
    I used the calorie counter in the back of the book. So many sites are different..so I’m just going to stick with the book.
    It comes to 555
    Bite me

( if you want to be a 500 girl, don’t have the crackers and cottage cheese, that takes it to 496 cals, or just have one, which takes it to 526 I like things in 2’s. I’m not going to stress about 55 cals, I’m 5 FT 8. How can I be 500 cals like a 4ft 12 lady would be!??? Doesn’t make sense, I have more of me to feed!)

Breakfast : glass water first thing.
    Herbal teas / water till 12.30 ( I can easily miss breakfast, sahm and no kids here now, as they are at school..so I laze around reading so I don’t burn much!)
    And once I start eating I’m obsessed

Lunch : fruit smoothie
    50 grams frozen boysenberries 23 calories
    2 cups water And some ice, Blend till smooth and thick.

Watch brain freeze

Snack: either now, or before bed.
    2 ( light) cruskits 34 cals
    http://www.arnotts.co.nz/our-products/products/cruskits.aspx
    25 grams full fat cottage cheese ( leaves you satiated more than low fat, your body needs some fat to feed your brain ) 25 cals
    Salad on top ( a little taken from pre dinner salad )

Pre dinner starter : SALAD! with red wine vinegar as the dressing

100 grams Grated carrot 34 cals ( use about half in the stir fry below )
    100 grams courgette 18 cals ( use about 3/4s in the stir fry below )
    100 grams Lettuce 14 cals
    100 grams Mushrooms 16 cals
    100 grams tomato 20 cals ( use a few slivers in your stir fry)
    100 grams celery 8 cals
    100 grams cucumber 10 cals

Toss in a large bowl, you would be surprised how much it makes
    More herbal tea/ water

When hungry

DINNER: stir fry

Soak in a bowl of boiling water 25 grams vermicelli 86 cals. For 5 mins, drain,

A little red wine vinegar in the pan, with some chilli, ginger, dill and I like Moroccan seasoning, so a sprinkle of that
    Or anything you fancy. I recon 2 cals, if that. The red wine vinegar has no calories, well it has no info on the bottle!

Sauté veg
    100 grams celery 8 cals
    100grams mushrooms 16 cals
    100 grams frozen spinach ( about 3 portions) 25 cals
    100 grams white or red cabbage 29 cals ( high cals, but gives it some peppery punch as no onions in this, as to high in cals )
    The rest of the courgette , carrot and tomato from the salad that was set aside for this very moment.
    25 grams kidney beans 20 cals, gives a different texture , great protein

Once the veg is semi soft, cut up 80 grams chook boob 80 cals ,
    and sauté that at the side of the pan, you want it browned, not boiled, It won’t take long. Maybe 3 minutes
    At this stage add 1 tsp chicken stock dissolved in 1 cup hot water 2 cals ( use the vermicelli water if you want, as it is hot, and you have to drain it anyway)

50 grams shrimp / prawns 30 cals
    And add your vermicelli

Give it a good stir, ( toss, if that isn’t a rude word)
    cover
    And finish off cooking
    Maybe 3 mins?
    You want the flavours to go through the noodles and shrimp and chook
    Taste and season.

Plate up on a ‘ warm’ plate ( I hate cold plates!!)
    And absolutely enjoy

Supper : the second crisp bread, or both if you didn’t eat any earlier.
    More herbal tea/ water.

So what do you recon?
    Going to join me?
    Do you have any favourite meals, and if so please share.
    Anything you have found that you love?

Nic in nz

If you want to add 100 grams bok choy, ( 15 cals) halve the cabbage to only 50 grams.
    Bok choy gives it some crunch

Haha – thanks dumpling, I’m looking forward to my boysenberry milkshake 😉

At that point I was working at the Copthorne Hotel in Waitangi (don’t know why I’m being specific there – unless things have changed drastically in the past 10 years it will still be the ONLY hotel in Waitangi) and the shop was half way between there and my digs in Paihia.

I worked in Christchurch too, at the Boulevard Bakehouse at the Arts Centre 😉

LOVED NZ and would definitely love to go back. No working visa for me anymore though 🙁 well past 30 now.

I also love Austalia, although I’m definitely more into the laid back WA side of the country than the east coast. Sydney was great and I could see why so many travelers fail to move on from there but there’s definitely more to Oz than many backpackers will actually see. At least with the shorter distances in NZ there’s more chance that if you go and visit you’ll actually move around and get to see a lot of what the country has to offer (like the UK in that respect – although a lot less ‘packed’ of course).

I lived in chch till we moved up near the bay of islands so I know both places well and the copthorne is stil sitting below waitangi.
    Loads of motels and apartments in paihia but you are probably right about no other hotels.
    ( that side, Russell has the duke of marlbourgh )

In 86 I worked at Noah’s, in chch, did you know the park royal got pulled down? ( it was changed to the crown plaza and Noah’s to rydges)
    Too badly damaged in the earthquakes
    3/4 of chch is no more.
    It was a gorgeous city…..

But my fav place is the bay of islands.
    Glad you enjoyed your time travelling.
    Ive lived in Sydney but not visited wa.
    Nz has more diverse scenery, but Australia wins for size!!!

Hi dumpling
    Your food ideas are so inspirational, I get hungry just reading them. I will have to try them 🙂
    (I have only been to NZ twice, loved it, plan to go with hubby at some stage. Bay of Islands definitely on the list!)

Bay of islands HAS to be up there with queenstown and mt cook!!
    It looks like Northern Italy, the talented mr ripely , where they were all on a boat and in the background bush covered small islands, that’s them. So don’t imagine palm trees and sand on little islands like I did , or you will be disappointed, think Europe.
    I love them now, and i love being up there. It has a European feel.

Well I did 21 hrs fasting, could have done 24 but I made the Kids a baked cheesecake and kind of wanted to eat..;)
    Cheesecake is in the fridge for tomorrow for me. My name is on it in big fluro (sp?) letters

I did the above menu. And oh my goodness!! Yum!!
    It was like a Thai soup.
    A little broth, but not too much. You can always drain some of the water away anyway, I had it in a dessert bowl as I wanted all the food..no throwing anything, including the stock!

I tell ya, I was impressed.
    No room for crackers. Didn’t even finish the salad.
    It made 2 huge platefuls, or a full frying pan ( but not an electric frying pan size, maybe half of one of them) but my frying pan was full and I like seeing full. I then feel ‘ full’
    I had a plateful and was stuffed, but hey..it’s there, it is warm..so ate the second plateful of the same huge size, now I am stuffed like a piggy

Next time though…I’m getting prawns. Might be not as much per bite, but the de veining is easier, the flavour and texture will be more. The shrimps were nice. But got lost in the celery, or the chicken etc and you had to really have a few alone to appreciate them
    A prawn will NOT get lost.

Also they were the same price frozen, $5 for 250 grams peeled and de headed, so will grab a bag when these finish.

I am going to just use this thread so I can remember what I will eat. Can’t be mixing it up etc at the moment.
    We leave for France in 3 weeks, so at least I can always find it here, when we are traveling if I ever need to show anyone.
    ( or copy and paste it and email it)

So even if no one comments, I don’t care…this will be my blog and I will also record weight loss etc so I can have a record.
    But of course..if you want to say anything, please, love a chat me!!

@dumpling
    “We leave for France in 3 weeks, so at least I can always find it here, when we are traveling if I ever need to show anyone.”

Voyage amusant et sécuritaire partout où vous allez.

Safe travels and fun wherever you go.

Why thank you! Not that I could understand it, so thanks for the English.
    Hubby is there for 3 mths at a language school on a nz scholarship to improve his French as he is a maths and French teacher here.
    We are going to join him for the last week of his studies, then a week on an msc cruise around the med ( 12 mths interest free..$400 nzd each, gotta do it) then off to London for chrimbo.

Thanks…will be fun, I am sure. A little nervous we will have no money, and we can’t access anymore mortgage!!
    But say la veeeeee

Christchurch was indeed a beautiful city, although I’m ashamed to say I didn’t really see that much of it and didn’t really do much touristy stuff while there. I walked about 3 miles to work every day right through the centre, past the cathedral (and through the red light district at 5:30 in the morning, which was always fun) and over the river to the Arts Centre and if I ever got more than a 10 minute break during the day I’d go for a wander in the botanical gardens but that was about it really. I was saving like mad while I was there, so I avoided exploring too far incase I found amazing shops that could not be walked past etc. 😉 On my rare days off I’d just do my grocery shopping via the free bus (the rest of the journey on foot) and go swimming for like 4 hours – that was amazing actually – there is nowhere anywhere in the UK that I know of that you can pay for a ‘session’ of more than an hour and know that you can swim lanes for the entire time if you want. If you want to swim laps for more than an hour in this country you have to be the mad old woman getting in all the kids’ way while they create a splash storm in the shallow end. Joy!

You’re totally right about Bay of Islands, I thought it and the Abel Tasman National park near Nelson were both very reminiscant of mediterranean island groups. I’m most familiar with Greek Islands but I imagine you’re right about Italy. The thing I think I loved most about NZ was that it had pretty much everything you could want, scenery & habitat-wise in a nice manageable distance and not too many other humans around to ruin it for you. And the people, the people were fab 😉

Owww, that’s a nice summary!!
    Yes Marlborough sounds etc up near picton, glorious. ( although watch the sand flies)
    I’m so glad you had a good time and sounds like you have some great memories.

Greek islands is on my bucket list.
    Thanks for sharing 🙂
    I can picture it all in my head

I can’t wait to come to NZ in February, even though I’ll be studying in Auckland I definitely want to visit Christchurch as well!!

I refuse to see it, we left before the earthquakes and have not seen it, and never going to I hope. In my mind it is all fine and it was just a movie.
    Nika ..you get around don’t ya!!

Haha well you only have a year like this once in a lifetime… so when I’m there I’ll be studying until June 24th I believe, after which I’ll have two months to travel because I don’t have to be back home until early September!
    I could actually use some contacts in NZ… I’m hoping to buy a small old car for those last two months for a few hundred dollars, you know, one of those you drive to the scrap heap for two months 😉 No idea where to look though. But when I have it I’d certainly want to do a little driveby at anyone who wants, meet them, have a nice non-fast day together 😉 Enjoy life before I fly back home!

I’ll have a non fast day with ya!!
    We will order all the desserts 🙂
    Look on http://www.trademe.co nz
    It’s our eBay. You do need a car with warrant ( mot) and rego, but if you get one with 2 mths left on it while you have it…sweet!
    Get 3 rd party insurance, not much $$$ compared to England. ( maybe $70 for the year, of which you get a credit if you cancel before the year end) then if you prang it, you will be sweet.
    You know July/aug will be freezing!???

My bday July, in England I’m a summer baby!

Haha yeah I know the seasons are reversed in the south… but I’ll just have to stock up on blankets and make beautiful winter pictures instead of summer shots 😉 And a GPS emergency beacon for if the car breaks down in the middle of nowhere… brrrrr.
    Thanks for the info!! And I’d love to have a nonfast day with you, chocolate… hmmmmm.

I’m born in February so I’m a late summer baby in NZ! 😉

You are In deed. !! The best weather is then through to march.
    Usually calmer.

Can’t wait for you to see this beautiful country!!!

I’m so jealous Nika!! Have a fabulous time while you’re there and please have a boysenberry icecream for me 😉 I know the weather won’t be particularly conducive but you’ll thank me!

I travelled largely on my own while in NZ and didn’t fancy the worry/responsibility of a car so I just did the backpackers bus thing. I can highly recommend it actually. The routes are pretty all encompassing, I think I did The Whole Kit & Kaboodle which I’d say covered 90% of what I’d decided I wanted to see when looking through all the Lonely Planet guides etc. You just book yourself on a bus when you’re ready to move on so you can stay longer in certain places etc. and they often have activities to do or touristy attractions that they specifically aim for for the rest stops, so it’s not much of a compromise on the ‘freedom’ of your own transport really and it’s a good way to meet people and feel like you’re independant but also safely part of a group while on the road. Not that NZ is somewhere you really need to be too worried about personal safety. For a country sitting so close to Australia (where everything is super deadly) there’s nothing that wants to eat/sting/bite you in NZ except sandflies and even the people are so laid back you’d expect them to fall over before they’d get ‘agro’ with you.

*wimper* I wants to go travelling again – damn you job, damn you mortgage *shakes fist at sky* 😉

Damn life!!!!!!

With a mortgage you can always up it….we did!!!
    So if you want to travel, the cash is there…..just sayin 😉

Fast day today….whoaaaa! My 3rd proper one, but have done 4 in about 3 weeks but one was 800 cals
    So busy this morning and not hungry, only now woofing down the boysenberry smoothie at 1.30 cos got to go to assembly then shopping,
    Won’t have time for salad Might take it with me?
    In case of ‘ fainting’
    Not walked dog ( gave her a run behind car after school run) but have jumped on trampoline.

Weigh day tomorrow
    Been a week since starting this properly and doing the menu.

When I go away, will just do 2 days no sugar/ wheat. As it will be impossible I think…ESP on a cruise boat!

Wait you tied your dog to your car and drove home?

The backpacker thing also sounds really enticing Tracy, and it’s probably cheaper than a car as well… Hmmm very tempted. But I’ll think about all that when I get there… if I get there. Bloody Immigration is being a real pain about me lodging a visa application from abroad – I’m in CHINA, I can’t happily just bike to Shanghai to lodge it! And sending out my passport via postal mail around here – not thank you. Blegh. Your country is a real hassle to get into!

We are very picky!!

No….my dog ran about 30 mets behind my car 🙂
    We live in the country, our road is 700 mets long and ‘ gravel’ but let’s just call it dirt with some stones,
    I let her out once I’m on our road and she likes to run behind the car..and no, I’m not going 200 kms!! About 50 kms ph
    It’s up a hill too, for a bit, , so I usually make it home first!! Ha ha

Ok, so I have discovered I am rubbish at maths!!
    I re calculated all the food and including crackers and cottage cheese it all comes to 501
    No crackers and cheese take off 64 so way under 500 so who knows what I did wrong earlier. And I checked it a few times,

So I’m well pleased, heaps Of food,
    salad by the end of the bowl, I’m over with as it is so big,
    stir fry I love and forgot to add morrocan seasoning and tastes ok without it.

Just munching through my second large plateful now.

Nika , do you find it hard to eat western food there? Or do you cook like a local?

1 week in, 2.2lbs off ( 1 kg)

If I lose next week, I haven’t seen those numbers for 6 yrs , and anything after that, will be amazing.
    When you put on 2 kilos a year for 6 yrs, anything lower than where you got to ..after those 6 yrs ..is a bonus.
    Bring it on.

Haha okay that explains it (the dog thing). Now I really want to visit, sounds like an awesome place! I’ll run behind your car up the driveway with the dog 😉

Well it’s tough eating western food, but you just have to make do with what’s here. They don’t really do pasta besides noodles. It’s either noodles or rice, and the bread they have here is also usually really sweet and not like we have back home.
    I bought a new pan though, so I’m finally able to bake / fry things instead of just making soup! It’s still a pain, because I have to keep it moving all the time to prevent it from burning (I talked about this before, remember? :p ). So I am now able to bake an egg, some bacon or meat and even veggies. And because I’m cutting most obvious carbs that’s usually it. So it’s either soup or cooked / baked veggies with meat. I would say I’m a decent cook, but I’m not really at home in making my own sauces and stuff – I use to make a mean asian noodle dish back home that everyone loves but I just buy the sauce ready made in a jar.
    Oh and salad. I also eat salad from time to time. With then chicken, egg or bacon for protein.

So pretty plain, would you say?
    What about eating out? KFC? Etc. pizza….Chinese food ( do they call it that!?)

Yay for a pan. I remember saying get a copper based one, good for heat conducting.
    See, I remembered.

You can have poached eggs now…whoaaaa

Hahaha I have no idea, it’s most likely not copper based. It wasn’t that expensive (because it’s only for a few months and I won’t take it with me in my suitcase or something 😉 ).
    Eating out here is OK, but I don’t speak Chinese so it’s either this one noodle place where I don’t have to speak Chinese to order, or I have to be with someone who speaks Chinese (and that’s a pain because my colleagues are usually busy). And yes even the KFC people have no idea what you want (all Chinese) and the menus here are very different from what I’m used to. And to be honest, I’m on a diet, so rather not eat fast food 😛

Poached eggs… don’t you have to boil them for that or something? And swirl the water? I have no clue. x)

Well, just have the water simmering and a tsp vinegar they say, swirl if you want and then drop them in .
    3 mins or summin, they are done.

Mine seem to break up, and I get a yolk and a little white, the rest of the white is floating in the water in bits.
    So maybe I’m not the best one to share my wisdom!

I braised my chicken tonight in my stir fry, in the juices that were in the pan ( veg water from the veggies and a little stock) much nicer than trying to brown the stuff and make it dry.
    I push the veg to the side and braised it for 2 mins then threw in shrimps and noodles and rest of stock.

Can’t finish it all.
    Maybe my stomach is shrinking!!!! Salad wasn’t finished either….

Wow, shock horror!

Haha good job! I actually boil my chicken in bouillon at times, it’s also nice. Together with veggies of course.

OMG!! 1 kg in one week?? My dream.. :p

I am also a coffee-drinker. I guess that’s the reason why I cannot get rid of those sweets..

I am going to “try my best” to record my eating diary here as well..

Hey Monkey! 1kg is quite do-able, but it’s harder work compared to losing it in two weeks. I lost almost 6kg in 2 weeks, but then again it were a gruelling two weeks x) I’m now allowing myself a little more lenience before I lose my mind.

@nika

I think I already lost my mind. It seems like my weight dropped in the first two fasting days, then I got too excited and started to eat… 🙁

Don’t get disheartened.
    I have lost 6 kilos…since April!
    So it is an overall weight loss over time. Just cos last week I am 1 kilo down, the next day it might go on again but by the end of 4 weeks .. I lose 2!
    So in a month it is 2 kilos down, which if it keeps up over 6 mths..helloooo
    Sexy stay at home mum…

So dont stress about the weight lost and then Gained right back, your body gets use to how you are now eating and will drop what it doesn’t need. Or so the book says
    But does take some time.

Just stick with it and think of the lower blood pressure, no diabetes, and cholesterol all below average.

Whoaoaoao

Oh, and after braising the chook, I threw everything in and gave it a good stir and let rest for about 5 mins.

It really is gorgeousssooussio

50 grams of cabbage is enough. 100 grams is too cabbagie.

Get bok choy. So worth the crunch.

Hey Monkey,

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Of course it’s not the best idea, eating too much – but it happens. Just get back on the fasting horse and make your next fast days count.

Oh and losing your mind? Puh-lease. You’re nowhere near as crazy as dumpling yet.

Week 2 Fast day 1 starts today again!

Hope I don’t lose my mind during the night time..

We must be doing it the same time.
    Cos I am week two as well and fast day was Monday for me and this Wednesday.
    How did Saturday go for you? Did you do it?
    Monday was great.
    Really on to it, waited ages to have something ( 3.3o and only then cos kids were now home and I knew I had a lot of food to get through before bed!!)

This morning the scales are down, but they will go back up today..but weigh day is Thursday so I will wait and see…..

Good luck chunky monkey!

I was okay on Sat, I think today is good, however, I am start enough that give myself 100 cal for my gluten-free handmade oat cookies.

Now I am going to my bed! We will do the fast again on Wednesday!

Start enough? Huh?
    You started with a 100 cals gluten free cookies?
    Are you gluten intolerant? I have a mean choc cake recipe I can share if you are. It uses almond meal, but I’m too poor so I blend sunflower seeds which are half the price and use them ( and a little ground flaxseed, cos again..cheaper and good for ya! So about 1 cup sunflower seeds grounded and 1/2 cup linseeds/ flax )
    Yell if you want the recipe.

I’m just having my second bowl of a new ice cream called chocolate cookies by ‘ kiwi’
    Much nicer than cookies and cream.
    Although cookie dough by tip top has to be up there.

Bit of a slack day today.
    Just prowled the kitchen really..and grazed.
    So much better on fast days cos I’m in control.

Non fast days I like a party in my mouth and that needs to stop.
    I need 3 meals..no snacks. Start eating like the French cos I will be there in 2 weeks.

Mmmmmm – gluten free chocolate cake always seems so much nicer (gooeyer) than normal chocolate cake. And now I’m thinking about cake – mmmmmmmmm.

Mmm cake.

Really…? I just like regular gluten cake! But I haven’t tried the almonds, so maybe with that it would be delish.
    The sunflowers do a good job and so until I’m a miwwionaire , sunflower seeds it is!

@tracyj
    ” gluten free chocolate cake always seems so much nicer (gooeyer) than normal chocolate cake. And now I’m thinking about cake – mmmmmmmmm.”

It occurred to me, simplistically, that my weight plateau is a direct correlation to my unwillingness to eliminate certain foods that I’m accustomed to having.

If I were to just eliminate pizza in my life, a certain pizza, maybe not all…what would that do for me?

I don’t eat chocolate cake. Of course, I could be forced to easily. But chocolate cake does not exist for me in my life.

I may be stating the obvious and something that may have been discussed previously.

Are we simply made up of the foods that we are accustomed to having?

I dont know.
    Maybe it is like a whole wardrobe of clothes and we wear sweat pants…?

I know I am a sugar addict. So for me, I look at the dessert menu before the main.

If you gave up a certain pizza, would you crave it or eventually you could forget about it?
    Would it really help weight loss…by giving it up? Or are you suffering needlessly!!

And why at 2.37am , am I still awake!???

@dumpling

“If you gave up a certain pizza, would you crave it or eventually you could forget about it?
    Would it really help weight loss…by giving it up? Or are you suffering needlessly!!”

It’s really a simple visualization technique to eliminate any food, for a long time, with repetition, then forever.

I’ve noticed that I cling to foods because of an emotional attachment. It’s not just giving up the food, but also giving up the people associated with that food.

For instance, when I have a desire for a pizza, I look at my options and gravitate to a restaurant that sells the pizza by the slice. There’s no waiting. They know me so well that I can call ahead and in minutes arrive, sit down, be served, and linger while I eat and browse the internet. I joke and laugh and ask the staff questions about themselves. My people need is quenched.

Why would I want to give all that up?

At the subconscious level, I want to keep the people. Now, the food can be changed. Yes, I can change to salads. And I will, however, at some level, subconscious, have a feeling of loss that has taken place.

I’ll go through with this, now that I’ve been transparent about this.

Can you now see that there’s more holding us back?

“And why at 2.37am , am I still awake!???”

Why?

Yeah, see I don’t eat like that. I just like a party in my mouth, I don’t associate any food ‘ with anyone’
    Or ‘ any people’
    I think that would be harder to change.

Good luck!
    Let us know how you get on and what you swap things, with.

I fell asleep watching cup cake wars..4.30 – 7.35pm!!! Eek.
    I knew that would be me awake now for the next 12 hrs!!
    They say you are tired the day after a fast, well I can vouch for that.

Luckily the kids helped themselves to left over dinner from the night before.

@dumpling
    ” I don’t associate any food ‘ with anyone’
    Or ‘ any people’”

Can we agree that you have food associations?

It may not be with people for this.

That’s exactly what holds you and me and others back.

It’s the subconscious associations.

We keep those foods, drinks, smokes, and toxics until they become harmful.

Why wait?

Food associations?

Like if I had a hard day at work I deserve chocolate (or whatever) and also, if I had a really good day or did well I deserve chocolate because I’m brilliant.

That’s how I do it anyway, so hopefully the 5:2 will help. After all it’s only 24 hours til my fast ends, as long as I stay under my TDEE!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply.