I have lost 25 pounds since January 11, 2016

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Beastmode 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello friends,

I’ve done the 5:2/4:3 since January 11, 2016 and I have lost 25 pounds. If you any thoughts or questions, please let me know.

I have hit a little road bump with my fasting, and I’m not losing as much weight. I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Hi Beast:

You have lost 25 pounds in about 10 weeks. The average weight loss over time on either 5:2 or 4:3 is about a pound a week. You are really just reverting to the norm. Quite a bit of your early loss was water weight, which you can’t repeat. That means you are now losing only fat, which comes off much more slowly.

Also, your TDEE has declined, so your calorie deficit is less and the amount of fat you will lose on a weekly basis is reduced.

If you really want to try to keep losing as quickly as you have, you will have to eat a lot less than you are. However, I suggest you just keep doing what you have been doing and accept the fact you will not keep losing weight as quickly as you have been.

Here is some information on 5:2 and how it works: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Congratulations on what you have lost so far. Just keep on keepin’ on.

Good Luck!

Beastmode,

25 lb – Wow! Congratulations!

I also started in January and lost only 13 lb so far.
    I had my “bump” in first two weeks of March, when I actually gain some weight back because I could not complete fasting days (instead of 36 hours, I did only from 19 till 22). But as soon as I was back to fasting routine, I started to lose lb again.
    Hoping to finish March with 15 lb of loss.
    I think Simcoeluv is right. Just continue what you are doing, stick to your routine you will start losing again very soon.

Friends,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have been combining my fast days together to hopefully maximize the weight loss which I’m not sure if it is working, but this week I was down 3 pounds making my weight loss around 28.6 pounds down. I have always found it more useful to combine the days. Also, I usually eat one big meal a day instead of multiple small meals (Mostly chicken). I purchased a food scale and it has saved my life! Also, I have a scale the syncs to my smart phone. This shows me my weight loss so that has been great!!! I’m hoping to keep butt in April and be around -40 pounds. However, I know I need to be realistic, and be thankful for any kind of weight loss.

To me you are a miracle. Please tell me what you eat . I started this week and cant seem to do the fast. ok was minding 8 year old so tonight had 2 gins….iAM STRESSED BY GRANDCHILDREN. My own i could manage. Now 69 and cant easily do this talking all the time.

Irenc:

First two things you must buy: Food scale and an actual weights scale that sync to your phone.

Having two items helps me to hold myself accountable. I usually eat one big meal which gives me a larger window of fasting. My meals usually consumes chicken (4 ounces to 8 ounces). I drink plenty of water. I also go for a walk.

Lastly, I stay committed. I don’t go over 600 calories. I always use my food scale to make sure I have the right portions. I also combine my fast days.

Questions?

Congratulations on your loss beastmode. That is a fabulous achievement. Keep going!

Wow, amazing. Can u give me any tips to help me be successful. I have a family reunion in 3 months and I want to lose 17 lbs. I am in good shape and take zero medication.

Kennick – I believe I have pasted my comments to this forum already.

Combine fast days together (I always have my first fast days on Mondays). I use a food scale regularly. If I’m not weighing out my food then I feel like I’m cheating. I eat mostly chicken. I normally have one meal a day for longer periods of fasting. Lastly, I bought an awesome weight scale that syncs to my phone. I’m able to track the progress.

Any other questions?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.