I have a question, can someone help?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fatsrichmond 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m looking through the fast diet book and there are a few menu suggestions for men on fast days. But these are all for breakfast and for dinner.

So this would mean you have dinner on a non fast day at say 7pm, and then fast the following day eating no more than 600 calories. And then you can wake up the following day- a non fast day – and have breakfast at say 7am. But this means you have fasted for 36 hours, not 24. Is my understanding correct and is this what is meant by a fast day – no more than 600 calories in 36 hours?

If this is what it takes then so be it, I just want to set my expectation correctly…

Thank you for your help.

Hiya, yes it amounts to 36 hours (check out the FAQs:
    ‘In reality a fast day is 36 hours. If you finish your last full evening meal at 7.30pm on Sunday, then Monday is your fast day, you are not going to be eating normally till Tuesday morning 7.30am. That is 36 hours. If you decide instead to fast from 2pm on Monday until 2pm on Tuesday, then that will only be 24 hours. Wait till 7pm and that is 29 hours. To do 36 hours you would have to hold off till 2am on Wednesday, which would be a little inconvenient.’)

I think it’s easier to think of it being 24; as you’re asleep for the last 8 (or so) you don’t notice it. As I understand it though it’s this extended period of time that really does it for your body. Also the idea is to leave your stomach with nothing to do for a time; for some reason there’s a perception that women need to snack more, which I expect is why they include snacks for women. I’ve fasted with both (as a woman…)
    hth

Hi Fatsrichmond, you are correct in your understanding, yes its closer to 36 hours, and yes no more than 600 cals for men in this time frame, best of luck! x

Got it! Thanks very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.