I Don't Mind the Fast Days, In Fact….

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aniann 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• …I kinda look forward to them. How weird is that?

I was dreading this past week at home from work, wondering how I’d manage the two fast days without the routine and distractions of a work day, but it turns out that it was fine. In fact, I awoke this morning, not sure if I would fast or not, and after my breakfast coffee, two hours elapsed before I even thought about eating anything, just happily drinking fluids. I ended up continuing the day with both a fasting lunch and dinner without difficulty.

The fast days, to me, anyway, are sort of a fun challenge–but manageable because each one is only ONE day of restricted eating. I think “how bad could it be? I can eat whatever I want tomorrow”. The odd thing, though, is that since I began the 5:2 this past August 5, I am much more aware of what I choose to eat on the non-fast days. In the past, I would agonize about having something “off my diet”. With this, I have to remind myself that I CAN permit myself to have that something, but somehow, I am satisfied with less of it (so far, that is). I know that you all know this already, but it’s good for me to talk it out. Thanks for listening!!!

Teddie in NJ, USA

I also look forward to the fast days. I think I love the feeling of self-control that it gives me, something that I lacked for many years which is why I became overweight. I now feel proud of myself instead of constantly feeling disappointed and frustrated. This strategy does wonders for self-esteem!

I’m not sure whether I do look forward to the fast days. Having said that, I’ve only done 4. I think sometimes your emotional state affects how you approach a fast day. Yesterday’s fast was very difficult but you are right about self-control. I find it odd that when I’ve restricted food intake in the past, it’s all gone out of the window when my mood has changed. I’ve been very surprised that I’ve stuck with a fast when I’m feeling a little low but I have and maybe this time my whole attitude to food will change.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.