Hubby & I started 6 wks ago!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  OzzieTex 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Hello Everyone! We’re from Mornington Australia. We started 1 April and today is our 7th wk. We were surprised at how easy it was to start and to fast but we believe it helped doing it together, as we are both very over-weight and in our mid 60’s. We fast on Monday’s & Thursday’s. My husband does NO exercise AT ALL and never well. He sits in front of his computer everyday and hates exercise. I’ve given up him doing any exercise. I believe each of us is responsible for their own health, and besides, it stresses me to have to repeatedly ask him to at least take a short walk!!!
    I started a Fit for Life program where I exercise with a group outdoors twice per week. A combination of cardio & toning workout for one hour. I started this program on 1 March, one month before I started the 5:2 plan.
    I’m loving it!! Now, I also swim once per week after having taken swimming lessons and loving it. I’m turning 66 next month!!
    In terms of weight loss….its been coming off slowly!! I don’t really have expectations and I expect the weight to come off weekly but slowly.
    I’ve gone from 77.5 Kilos to 74 Kilos.
    During the first 3 wks, I tracked everything that I ate because I wanted to educate myself about foods and was shocked at what I was eating!! I thought I was eating healthy and I mostly was but eating far too much!! I was also drinking far too much red wine!! Anyway, I’ve made considerable changes and going at it slowly but improving everyday.
    I don’t worry about my husband anymore. He developed a spread sheet for each of us to track our foods & calories which is great!!
    Don’t get me wrong!!! Some days I do find it a challenge but bad habits take time to change.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.