How to copy with hypoglycemia?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello,

I have been doing the 5:2 diet on and off, and because it seems to be working I really want to stick to it.

The only issue that I have is that I do get hypoglycemic if I don’t eat any sugars or carbs, or eat on a regular basis. I do not have diabetes, I just get hypoglycemic sometimes.

Would it be safe to eat a dextro energy if I feel it coming? Would that mess with my fast day?

Thanks for the help in advance!

It is difficult to answer that without knowing how many calories there are in a detox energy.

Hi Penguin,

There are about 12 calories per tablet.

Thanks,

Hi Kizzy. I can’t comment on any other effects, but from the purely 5:2 point that should not make any difference. I am fluid only fasting today, but I permit myself some milk in tea or coffee, and there will be more calories in that milk

Can I ask how you know you are hypoglycaemic rather than hungry?

Hi Penguin,

Good to know, I will try it out and see how it goes! Thanks for your help.

Hi Amazon,

Mainly because I start shaking, get extremely dizzy and eventually faint if I don’t take any sugar within a certain time. I don’t have diabetes (touch wood), but somehow have had this one symptom since I was a teenager.

Kizzy,

It sounds like sugar withdrawal and eating a dextrose tablet will eliminate the symptoms but not the cause.

I see from your profile that you have a lot of weight to lose.Maybe you should consider seeing your GP for a health check and a blood test and also think about changing what you eat every day to improve your diet.

You might also consider trying Michael Mosleys blood sugar diet for 8 weeks and then continuing with weight loss by following 5:2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.