home made veg soup

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JoolsB55 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi its my 1st day of fasting today & have made veg soup. A large pan full comes to 253 cals and if i devide it into say 6 bowls will be approx 42 cals per bowl. Decided to fast when im on late shifts & work until 9.30pm and think it will be easier than when i finish at 2.30pm. I had late breakfast and took tuna salad to work and fruit which in total comes to 416 cals. Can i have soup now after work or must i only have 2 meals??? Hope this isnt too confusing… Basically can i have remainder of my cals at end of day as its late??? :0)

Hi littlejacquif

“Can i have soup now after work or must i only have 2 meals???”

Don’t know if you have sorted this out in your mind but the simple answer is do as it suits you. Browsing or two meals, or as I prefer one meals, is a matter of choice.

You will find the answer in Michael answers frequently asked questions

Q. Do the calories have to be in one meal or spread across the day?

A. There have been different studies using different approaches. People who took part in Dr Krista Varady’s studies of Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) had just one meal a day, at lunchtime. Those who took part in Dr Michelle Harvie’s studies of the 2 Day Diet at several small meals a day. Michael prefers having two meals a day, breakfast and an evening meal. Mimi prefers several small meals. Which approach is better? The one you can stick to. Some people find, for example, that eating breakfast actually makes them feel hungrier later in the morning.

Do your own thang! 🙂

I was wondering the same thing as a newbie – on Day 1! I’m confused that the benefit of the fast itself would be lost by filling in with soup or spreading things out a bit more. I thrive on ‘free’ soups ( a hangover from my Scottish Slimmer days, which works great – I’m using the Fast Diet more for health benefits than weight loss although I’m a couple of pounds above target, which isn’t bad, I reckon, after 3 years).

Keep the fast? Break it up with soup? Any opinions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.