Hiya I,m a Newbie

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  aniann 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi everyone, just thought I,d introduce myself as I’ve just started the fast diet today. I,m 48 years old and desperate to lose some weight which has piled on this last few years due to I’ll health. I,vie tried to lose with weight watchers after successfully losing in 2007 but the weight just won t shift now, after seeing gp she can find no medical reason why it’s going up and won’t come off so after reading this book thought I would give it a go.
    Marie

Hi Marie and welcome to the forum. This place is so supportive and there is so much information. Do measure yourself because most people find that even if the weight is slow to come off, their body shape changes. 🙂

Welcome Marie

Lots of people on this journey so you are not alone and we can all support each other!

I also was trying WW and after three weeks, had only lost a half a pound, despite having tracked everything, eaten well, and exercised (and didn’t use my activity points!). I got so disgusted I quit on the spot and started fasting that day. That was four weeks ago. I have lost five pounds so far! And I echo the recommendation to do your measurements, because you really do lose fat on this plan. BTW, I am 47, so we are practically the same age.

Good luck!

I’m also an x – ww er!
    Lots of money spent for not a lot of result!
    This is much butter and cheaper! Good luck and welcome!

Yeah, $43 a month (that’s $516 a year!!!) for something that ends up being unsustainable in the long run. Well, I suppose that’s not entirely true. Some people can make it work for the long term. But I have found, in my four or five times doing WW over the last 10 years, that it really isn’t sustainable to have to count points every day, every week, every month. It just doesn’t work for me.

I like this way better. Plus, not only are we saving money in monthly subscription costs, but since we are eating less twice a week, we save money in food costs!

Yea, us!

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome folks, well I’ve done my first days fast yesterday and actually I was ok, didn’t really feel hungry but must admit did miss my milky coffees, just drank lots of fruit teas and water instead, and when alls said and done its only one day lol I just hope it works. I’ve got fingers crossed that it may help with health issues as well after reading posts on the forum. Got up this morning and still don’t feel particularly hungry thought I would be starving.
    Marie

Thats fantastic Marie. I am doing my first week also. Sounds like you have got off to a wonderful start.

That’s good to hear Marie. I also find I don’t feel very hungry after a fast, so I try and make the fast last as long as I can. Not sure whether there’s any benefit in that but it makes me feel good 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.