Hi from NZ

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kahurangi 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi everyone

I’ve just about finished day 2 of week 1. Surprised at how easy it’s been so far. Day 2 a little bit harder, had a friend come visit , and wanting to bring cake, so had to turn it down and let her know about my 5:2 diet. My goal in starting the 5:2 is to lose weight (8kgs) I currently weigh 64kgs, and enjoy the health benefits of IF. I’m also training for my first Marathon in March next year.

Hi Kahurangi,

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck on the 5.2.

Remember to measure yourself and you will see the pounds drop off…..

Be good…

Hi Kahurangi,

I am another Kiwi on this path. Like you I have not got a huge amount to lose but the health benefits are attractive. I am in my sixth week and it is a bit of a struggle at the moment with all the Christmas functions and things. I am determined to make this a lifestyle choice and the weight loss is secondary. Enjoy this web site. There are some very knowledgeable, empathetic contributors.
    Cheers

Hey Kahurangi!

Even with a “small” goal like yours this WOL (Way Of Life, prefer it over diet 😉 ) should help you. It may not go as fast as some others who have more to lose, but it’ll come of for sure!
    Also the other health benefits should help you with your Marathon. I salute you for that, I’m a sportswoman myself but running / jogging… no thanks.

Hi thanks for the tip, have been meaning to do measure myself as I’m sure it’s a more accurate indicator of progress

Hi everyone,
    Thanks again for the encouragement. I am actually looking forward to my next fast day, and it definetly has had flow on effects to my non fast days, where I seem to be unconscioulsy making better food choices. Early days yet, but I can see this as a WOL where the weight loss would be a nice bonus. The festive season is upon us , requiring abit more effort and planning, keep going Lizy, 6 weeks down that’s awesome. I’m going to try and plan ahead , as I’m sure you are to, just to avoid akward situations where I’m going to have to explain the 5:2 and turn down all the yummy tempting food. Thanks Nika for the praise, today running, (ploding along )I was wondering what I was thinking entering a marathon, but hey that’s half the challenge, and I’ll be able to tick it off on my bucket list, as it falls on my 39th birthday. After the marathon , I’m going to return to some more less taxing forms of exercise like surfing, and maybe zumba, me thinks.

Pfft just don’t set yourself a time in which you have to finish… who cares if it takes two days, YOU DID IT! Okay that’s a bit dramatic, but you catch my drift. You’ll most likely end up going to the max anyway.

Thanks Nika, I’ve been running for years, but had abit of a break with having children, work committments and I’m just getting back into it now. I did have a goal of 4hrs, but realistically I’ve heard for your first marathon aim to finish well ,and get over the line in one piece, and like you said don’t set a time. Hard to do when your competitive , but sensible to avoid injury.

Which marathon kahurangi?
    My first one was supposed to be Rotorua, but I turned up on crutches to collect my race pack (to get the tshirt at least having paid for it!).
    I managed Auckland later that year. I told my parents not to come up for it because I had only run 10km in training (still injured), but when I crossed the finish line I realised that it is indeed the finishing that counts, not the time. I sat there looking at my medal wishing they had been there to celebrate with.
    Go you!!!!

Good on you for doing the AKL marathon, that’s a massive achievement. I’ve planned to do the Rotorua and Auckland races, but never been organised or motivated enough to enter them. So I’ve entered into the Bayleys Mountain 2 Surf in Taranaki, close to home. All downhill according to my husband so should be no problem (haa), I’ve done the course as a half marathon with minimal training as a last minute request from a friend, paid the price for lack of training, and did my IT band , hobbled across the finish line. This time trying to put the mileage into training so I won’t suffer so much on the day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.