Hi I'm after some advice about carbs newbie and struggling to understand it

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hi I'm after some advice about carbs newbie and struggling to understand it

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m new to this diet I’m after some advice please .

When it comes to net carbs on the back of food labels when it comes to fibre and sugars do I take them away from the carbs let’s say there’s 4g of fibre and and 37g of carbs do I take the fibre away from the carbs and what’s let is the total number of carbs I’ll have ?

If anyone has a easier way of me understanding this diet could you please help me as I’m really confused
    Thank you

Sharon,

You don’t have to count carbs, just stick to TDEE calories on non-fast days, and 500 calories (or quarter TDEE) on fast days.

Some people find it easier to eat less refined carbohydrate (bread, pasta, rice, cake, biscuit, etc), but no food is off limits.

I’d suggest reading the book if you haven’t already.

I’ve just checked the tdee calculator it says my calories per day on my no fast days is 2.421,calories a day would I have to use all them calories and would I lose weight but if so what can I eat to be able to get that many calories up a day

Thank you

Hi Sharon,

No you don’t need to eat up to your TDEE. All weight loss methods work in the same way ie you need to eat less calories than your body requires so the less you eat the more you lose.

I would suggest eating no more than 2,000 calories on non fast days and as you lose weight you’ll need to decrease that as a lighter body requires less calories to function.

I agree with Happy Now, you should consider eating less refined carbs and definitely get the book and read it as it is a mine of information.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.