Hi from Switzerland

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hope to start the new plan on Monday – just got news that my bad Cholesterol is double the norm so need to get back to Healthy Again. Are tools available for buying online

Hi JTR

Welcome to 5:2. What sort of ‘tools’ are you looking for?

There are no ‘tools’ required for the 5:2 apart from the book for information, determination to succeed and a good dose of will-power.

If it’s something to track your calories I’d suggest http://www.myfitnesspal.com – it’s free and it will calculate your daily calorie needs according to your height/current weight/age/lifestyle. It’s worth having a look.

You’ll find these forums really helpful for support – we’re all going the same way – and if you have questions.

Good luck

Hi JTR,

Welcome to the forum! Not sure what you mean with tools? Did you get the book?

As you probably know the 5:2 way off life means eating normal for five days and less than 500 cal for the other two. (600 for men). Those two fast days should not be consecutive days.

A lot of people do therefore Monday and Thursday. I sometimes do 4:3 and I also try to follow the 16:8 rule whenever I can. This means trying to not eat for 16 hours and consuming all your food with in a window of eight hours. This gives your body time to repair itself.

Otherwise as already suggested, I got an app to count calories as it is very easy to under estimate the calorie intake.

Good luck with it!
    Stef.

I hope the plan does what you want, especially for that cholesterol of yours! 🙂

Did the above posts give you the info you wanted? Or do you need more?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.