Hi another newbie

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lovefoodbehappy 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi. Have tried this diet before after reading the book but didn’t really stick to it very well. Seemed to snack big style on normal days. So, thought I would join you guys on here for a bit of support. Not got much to loose, around a stone but as it doesn’t come off as easy anymore.
    Hope to chat and hear your stories of success and any tips
    Thanks
    Sweets xx

This is my first time on the Fast Diet. Started May1 and did great the first month (lost 6 lbs) but have not lost anymore since. But haven’t gained either. This during a time of considerable stress and a vacation that included several days of eating Texas Gulf Coast fried shrimp, Mexician food and beer! I’ve only managed to fast 1 day a week since June 1, with a couple of exceptions, so I guess I have to say the plan works. Would like to lose another 11 lbs but am not willing to suffer in the process. So if it takes all year that’s fine. Just bought the cookbook which I think will help as was getting bored eating the same things all the time. I think the key is to not cheat on your fast days, but to eat heartily (but healthy) on other days. Good luck!

Good luck sweets x, I started at the beginning of January having discovered that my bmi had crept in to the overweight zone. I hadn’t had much success losing any weight over the past few years, it certainly gets more difficult the older you get – I’m 37 now, having said that I’m not sure I was trying as hard as I could have, but part of that was because I know that I won’t stick to a “diet” forever and so when finished the weight will just all go back on. This way of eating is do-able long term (forever in my mind) and so I was keen to get going. TBH I would have been happy at losing half a stone, but I’m now 22lb lighter and back to well within the healthy zone for my BMI, I just can’t believe it. I have dropped two dress sizes, and haven’t been this slim since my early 20’s. I look and feel so much better. I wish I had taken a “before” photo, but I guess when you’re overweight the last thing you want to do is have a photo of yourself in your underwear! I did take measurements and my waist is 5.5inches smaller (yikes!), so its now less that half my height – said to be a good sign health wise.
    My aim now is to drop another 4lb which gets me bang in the middle of the healthy BMI but it’s a slow going now (my average weight loss while sporadic was 1lb a week but has gotten less the smaller I’ve got), I plan to carry on with 2 fast days until our holiday at the end of August, if I’m no lighter I’ll be happy with my lot and think that I will then reduce my fast days from 8 per month to 5 or 6 and see if this can maintain my weight.
    I am so happy to have found this way of eating, it really works for me. It helps also that my parents, sister and husband are all doing it too, we all do Monday’s and Wednesdays, and we have all had fantastic results.
    Good luck! X

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.