Hi all im New and very excited :) 1st day today

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hi all im New and very excited :) 1st day today

This topic contains 21 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

• Hi everyone, my sister told me about this diet and we have both decided to start today and see how we get on. I have battled with my weight for years and it’s something that really gets me down at times and I have just had enough of being overweight so fingers crossed this diet is something I can stick too and works well for me 🙂

Nice one Francis, good luck with your first fast to you and your sister. Don’t forget to totally OD on water and keep repeating in your head – “It’s just one day” and if necessary “I can have that tomorrow.” Happy fastday! 😉

Thank you Tracy J 🙂

Happy fasting 🙂 Let us know how you get on.
    Elaine 🙂

Hey Francis! Don’t keep your fingers crossed or anything, it has nothing to do with luck! Just do it 😉 I see how it can be a bit uhm… intimidating at first, but just remember the first few weeks are hardest!!! So give it at least a month before deciding whether it’s “the thing” for you or not. And if you’re doing it right you should be losing weight by that time and realize this it “THE thing”!

Don’t forget to calculate your TDEE, this is where some people new to the diet go wrong, causing them to plateau or just causes them to not lose any weight 🙂

Thank you Nika, I am actually feeling very positive about the whole thing now I have read a little more into it and understand it a bit more 🙂

All the best to you and your sister! How great to be doing it together – support and encouragement really help!

welcome to the Club! Some advice, I like you have struggled with my weight since I was in my 20’s. It has been hard. The first week I lost about 3.5 lbs then by week 2 it changed and I have been losing about 1.5 lbs a week since. May I recommend that you DO NOT weigh yourself everyday.

Your weight will go up and down, day by day and it can mess with your head. What I do is weigh myself Every Tuesday morning (since I fast on Monday, Thursday, and sometimes for extra I will throw in a sunday as well). But Tuesday is a good day for me to weigh in because a week has gone by and I weigh myself after a fast day so I can really see the lose.

I can tell you seeing a 1.5 lb change every week is so much better than watching it go up and down before it finally falls.

Best of luck to you!

Good luck to you and your sis, Francis!
    I hear what you’re saying about getting you down.

As a relative newbie myself, if you get stuck and you’re feeling brave, pop on the forum and ask the question; everyone here seems very supportive and in the same boat. So much help and information.
    Have you decided on your Fast days?

Aud x

Thank you for the advice as long as I see the weight coming off I will be happy! Just find it so hard to stick to anything I need to keep myself motivated with this and hopefully it works for me. x

Hi Aud,

I am going to do my fasting day’s on wednesday and Thursday and see how I get on. I must admit I did try today but failed but I had a very stressful day and wasn’t really prepared, but tomorrow is a new day so I am going to wake up with my positive head on and give it all I have to succeed and fast! x

Hi Francis,I don’t think many of us on here fast on consecutive days,I certainly don’t. I hope you find it works for you.

Hi Frances
    I thought the diet days had to be non consecutive so that your body doesn’t go into “starvation” mode? I have been on 5:2 since January this year, am 35 lbs lighter and a couple of clothes sizes smaller……. It does work! Although I’m on a plateau at the moment I am persevering, and hopefully things will start to move again soon.
    Good luck to you and all other 5:2 ers!

Hi kmck – No I doubled checked in the book and it’s completely up to the individual, you can do it back to back or separate the day’s. I think allot of people prefer to separate the fast day’s but it’s personal choice!

Sorry if I doubted you! Just goes to show that we are all different! Good luck anyway!

That’s the joy of IF it allows your fast days to be movable so they fit into YOUR life and not dictate to you.
    I have done alternate days fasting but not been strong enough to do consecutive days.
    Hope it works for you and your sister Francis.

No kmck that’s fine it just made me question if I had got it wrong, so I doubled checked 🙂

Thank you Lyndyw – I have been fasting today and I am struggling not to give in and binge lol :/

You are all fantastic – am so encouraged to hear of the results longer term fasters are getting (I’m only in my 3rd week). I’m actually weighing everyday and doing a full measuring 3 times a week. Whilst the scales haven’t moved my body fat percentage is reducing as are my cms so whilst each of us need to find what works and what motivates us I am really motivated by the small steady increments – I even got an app on my phone which shows me graphs and seeing that line going down is brilliant!

Francis – find what works for you and stick at it; the benefits are more than weight loss and you are investing in yourself!

Hi Francis,
    I am in my first week also, on my 2nd fast day. And feeling pretty positive about it all. TraceyJ – that is my mantra – I can have it tomorrow! What a difference that is making to my mental state! Ok so its only week one and really time will tell – but that first week of any new diet is the hardest and feeling deprived is always my downfall – but knowing that if I really want it I can have it tomorrow takes away that mind set of going without!
    Francis – Would love to hear of how you go on the 2 days in a row for your fast. This week I did Tuesday and Thursday – didn’t feel like eating everything in sight on Wednesday like I thought I might.
    And like you I am feeling really positive about it – and considering its 7pm on my fast day that’s saying something.
    Look forward to hearing of your progress!

Hi all, I really find it amazing when people go for consecutive fasting days – good on them, they’re stronger than I am! I’ve had to do it this week as a one off thing and it was harder than my normal week I’d say. The “I can have it tomorrow” and “It’s only one day” mantras don’t work so well when they’re not actually true I think.

Nevermind, it’s over now – Yay! and I’ve got a nice long stretch before my next fastday 🙂

Happy fastday everyone.

If I were exercising less I think I could do longer fasts, but a workout at the end of a 22 hour fast is my limit. 😉 And exercising 6 days a week I can’t really fit in more than 2 fast days.

Fasting is a mindset you have to get into. At a point you’ll start stressing about fasting, about food and when you have to eat and whatnot… and that’s the point you’ll suddenly feel like you have control and food isn’t such a big deal anymore 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply.