Hi :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linds 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’m a newbie to the forum so just wanted to say Hi! and introduce myself.

I’m a 32 year old mum of 4, I started 5:2 last monday (6th Jan 14), fasting Monday/Thursday and my weight last monday morning was 12st 5lbs/78.4kg, my waist was 35″ and the widest part of my waist(around my belly button) was 45″.

Currently, this is day 4 and my weight this morning was 77.0kg, my waist measures 34″ and the widest part of my waist measures 42″. So in less than 2 week, I’ve lost 1.4kg, 1 inch of my waist and 3 inches from around my belly button – pleased is an understatement! On my non fast days I am guilty of eating more of the things I shouldn’t eat than I should, carbs and cheese are my downfall but even so, these results are fantastic and I can only hope they continue so I can reach my goal weight of 62kg.

Thanks for reading, Net.

hi Net and welcome to the forums!!

that is a great start, so massive congrats to you, I bet you are happy!! and so you should!! you will reach your goal, no doubt about that!

well done for measuring too, to me these are the best indicators on checking progress… do not worry too much about your feed days and eating the wrong stuff, you will find in time you will want them less and less… but you wont feel deprived!!

keep going and happy fasting! 🙂

Hi MrsLee, welcome to the forums.

I am 58 and started last October and am fasing Mondays and Wednesdays. My starting weight was 12st 10lbs and I am now 11st 11lb having 1lb still to lose from Christmas over indulgence. I haven’t measured anything although I know my waist was 36″ before I started so perhaps I will.

My goal is 10st 7lbs(I can’t do kg!). I know what you mean about non-fast days. I can quite easily have a bit of this and a bit of that or a bit more of this and that when I don’t on fast days because I don’t want to go over my 500cals.

Have you worked out a way of eating you 500 cals? I started by spreading them over the day but now find I can manage better not eating anything until around 6.30pm but drinking water, herbal tea etc. and leaving 100 or so cals for a snack around 9.30. Saying that, I had all my cals in one go yesterday and was fine at 9.30 when I just had a cup of green tea. It’s the habit of eating for the sake of it that I need to get out of – “oh it’s supper time, I’ll just have this or that” or “I’ll just have a couple of those chocolates – oh dear, I had a few more”. Linda

Thanks Angie! I don’t feel deprived at all, I’m only gutted I didn’t find out about this before, it seems such a simple change for such a huge difference! I’ll keep measuring, I know a lot of weight can be water loss to start with, but I’m just so pleased that I’m nowhere near as bloated as I was before – it’s a revelation! 😀

Hi Linda, thank you!

You’ve done amazingly so far, well done! I have an old habit of skipping breakfast and having a late lunch anyway so I have been having a bowl of vegetable soup (around 120 cals) at around 1 or 2 pm, sipping water and having a couple of black espressos in between, then around 6 or 7 pm, I’ve been having either grilled fish, baked chicken breast with plenty of veg, usually around 300 cals. The only thing I haven’t been able to give up is my morning coffee, with a little semi skimmed milk, I can’t start the day without it, but even so I’m usually around 480 calories for the day. I know what you mean about eating for the sake of it, yesterday I had half a big bag of maltesers – just to get them out of the fridge before today, then I spied the liquorice allsorts, and they had to go the same way lol. I am hungrier on non fast days though, and I’ve found I have to eat breakfast, where as before I could take or leave it.

Thanks again for the welcome 😀

Net

I can’t remember who it was now but I read about some celeb or other who stayed slim (was it Jane Seymour?) by eating just 4 maltesers at a time; what self- control!!

If you are managing to keep to your 500cals I wouldn’t worry over your morning coffee. I don’t usually eat breakfast anyway but thought I might need something the day after a fast but have found that I haven’t. I’ve tried in the past but don’t have time before I go to work and have ended up stuffing something down without tasing or enjoying it – for the sake of it (again!). Linda

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.