Help! Not lost an ounce!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dmh 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I’m coming to the end of week 4 and have found the diet pretty easy to follow but I haven’t lost an ounce or any inches! I have stuck to it and have done dry January as well so feel pretty desperate now. I haven’t counted cals on the 5 days but I’m not aware of over indulging. I have about a stone to lose. I have an egg for breakfast and an M&S Count on Us meal in the evening. I walk for an hour every day and do Pilates twice a week. Could it be the dreaded menopause that is making me hold onto every little bit of fat? I’m 51.

hi Samgirl and well done for sticking to the diet for 4 weeks,

there could be a few reasons why you haven’t lost yet but please don’t give up, it takes time and for some of us, longer arghhh!!

keep going and the weigh will start to come off, you seem a fairly active person and person your are your TDEE is higher than you think?
    not sure about the menopause though, I am 48 so I am heading that direction too lol… I lost 10 lbs since july last year but since December I am in the dreaded plateau and no matter what I do, its not bulging but I am sticking with it, I am in this for life now…

good luck and hang in there!! 🙂

Thanks Angie. I will stick with it but must admit I’m beginning to think that if something seems to good to be true then it usually is!

I understand Samgirl, I felt really annoyed this morning when I jumped on the scales 🙁

its only a pound gain but still peeved off because you tell yourself, I am doing everything right, and then I start to worry I am doing everything wrong, arghhhhh…..

I tell myself its the muscle gain lol, I do a lot of walking…. anything to make me feel better 🙂

lets do this, it WILL work, keep posting on here and i’ll you know when I come off this damn plateau I am stuck in!! 🙂

Hi Samgirl, well done for sticking with it.

I have lost 14lb since October which seemed to come off pretty easily and from the start but I would have been so disheartened if I hadn’t seen a loss quickly. The 14lb loss was the weight I had put on in the previous 6 months so I was pleased to have got almost back to the weight I was last December and then we had Christmas! I put 5lb on but managed to lost 4lb in the first week after New Year. Since then I’ve been going up and down by a pound or two and can’t seem to really lose any more. I am trying my hardest this week and hope I will see a loss when I get weighed again on Friday.

I am 58 so I suppose post-menopausal but I am not thinking that my loss is anything to do with that. It’s so easy for me to think of an excuse and give up!

What about your clothes? Does anything feel looser? I haven’t done any measurements but I could tell when I was beginning to lose weight because my waist band was looser.

Good luck and keep us posted. Linda

I lost 7lbs first week and not and not a thing the last two. However, I am sticking to it as I am feeling very good – just wish it was reflected in the scales. I hope that it is my body getting used to this new way of eating. Maddy

samgirl, I’m in the same position, but I’m going to keep going cos (1)it’s not awful and (2)I’m also doing it for insulin resistance benefits (health issues that usually drag Type 2 Diabetes along with them). I’ve read that others didn’t lose in the first few weeks but went on to lose lb/kg … and here’s hoping we’re in that group.

Have a look at these results on another thread http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/is-not-losing-weight-normal/

I expect that a lot of people who report ‘not losing an ounce’ in the early days (& yes, I’d call 4 weeks early days) are having all of this going on on the inside too. This is not cause to throw yourself out of a window – this is great great news for your long-term health & a good indication that weight loss will follow soon.

Good luck & stick with it.

Thanks for the encouragement,I will keep going mainly because it’s not that difficult to do and I don’t mind having 2 days each week when I can pop a low cal ready meal in the oven and don’t have to worry about cooking. I might look at the carb content of the M&S meals because possibly I would do better with a high protein low carb meal. I’ll see what the next 7 days brings, even a small loss of weight or inches would be something.

Samgirl, I am using myfitnesspla to track my calorie intake. When I started using this app I was very surprised to realize how many calories are in some of the foods that I never thought would be making me fat. It is also very easy to under estimate the amount of food we eat.

One of my favorite cookies contains 50 cal and in the past I was able to munch easily 10 of those and that was inbetween meals!

As you are doing lots of sports I suspect that you might be under estimating your calorie intake. I would start tracking my food for a week or so, just to get a more realistic idea of how much you are eating.

Shaking things up by doing for instance 4:3 for a week or two might also get things going.

Best of luck,
    Stef.

I’ve been tracking my cals to make sure that I wasn’t underestimating – and I wasn’t. I have to say I found it more discouraging that it’s assumed I was ‘doing it wrong’ than that I wasn’t losing. Still we’re all different.

Today the scales dropped 0.4kg and took measurements – 2cm lost from hips & waist, and 1cm from underbust & thigh. No change in bust & bicep. I’m happy about the abdominal loss as it has better health implications than if it came off my biceps only.

I’m 51, too and would only like to lose about 10 pounds. The first week, I only lost half a pound, so I was discouraged. I stayed on track and have lost a pound this week. Even though the weight is not coming off as quickly as I had hoped (age, weight to lose, exercise level, all factor in I’m sure), I think one of the greatest benefits to me is being more mindful of my eating, drinking (love wine), and exercise habits. I have tried so many other plans to lose these 10 pounds & this is the one that I feel most confident about (& less guilty).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.