Hello! New to 5:2 and Twitter!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi All

My name is Emily and I am on my second ever fast day today. I have set up a twitter page to track my progress and to document my journey. At first I set it up as a way for me to have an outlet, but I awoke this morning to find that I had 7 followers!

If anyone else would like to follow me and come with me on this journey then you can find me at @52dayfastdiet and tweet me with the hash tag #forum so I know you have come from here!

These forums are going to be a great help to me and I have never felt so supported in my weight loss before!

I started losing weight by restricting calories every day to around 1200, but this is very boring! See me stats below:

Start Weight: 11st 5lbs
    Current Weight: 10st 9lbs
    Goal Weight: 9stone 0lbs
    Height: 5ft 3in

I wish you all the best of luck in your personal goals and hope I can support others too!

For now, Emily xx

Hi Emily, Welcome to the forums!
    You will find loads of advice and encouragement on here and a laugh too! You can be sure that every aspect of 5:2 has been talked about here.
    Congratulations on already losing 10 pounds! I’m sure you will find this way of life easy compared to calorie counting every day. You should work out your TDEE using the calculator on here if you haven’t already to see how many cals you should consume on non-fast days. I don’t actually calorie count on non-fast days but I keep a food diary and if the weight loss plateaus I’ll start calorie counting. A lot of the contributers to this forum would advise taking waist / hip / thigh etc measurements because some weeks the scales stay the same but you will have lost inches.
    In my first month I lost 5 pounds and 5 inches all over. I had hoped for more even though the book does say a pound a week is average but I was really pleased with the inch loss. If my second month is as successful that will be 10 pounds down with little effort, so I’ll measure again at the end of Nov.
    How have you found the fasts? Easier than you’d thought? I think once you get your head around the fact that you won’t starve that’s half the battle.
    All the best, Claire

I’m not On twitter, but I would really like to follow you.
    I’m so 20th century!!

Did you lose the 10 lbs just from 1200 cals?
    Will be interested to see how you find 5:2 after being on so few cals in the past and if your body enjoys it more etc
    So keep us posted and well done on the followers.

Hey Em, welcome! I’m not on twitter anymore either, it took up so much damned time… I do consider myself 21st century though, unlike dumpy 😉
    I blog myself, that way I can write more than 144 characters (or was it 140?). And I can easily follow “the journey” by scrolling past my old blog posts.

Hope to see you around here!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.