Hello new fasting friends!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello! Well having had a dream that I was 37 stone and couldn’t fit through a door.. (I’m 15 stone and seriously need to loose some weight) and I though action needs to be taken ASAP.! I am a classic mid thirties woman who has tried calorie counting daily.. Weight watchers.. Sliming world etc. I did loose 5 stone however and have gained two stone of that since being with my lovely chappy over a two year period.. Well not only do I feel I’m not doing anything for my body health wise.. I also feel frumpy too and tbh I carry it well being ya size 16 but it needs to go for lots of reasons..! So I’m on page 73 and will finish the book before embarking on assuming what to do. Very excited at the prospect of shifting some lard and feeling good! So any tips or inspiration would be fab 🙂 speak soon xx ps I have a crush on Dr Micheal too! 🙂 hehe always helps being given advise from a charming English chap rather than some brash American woman! Not I have anything against brash Americans of course! 🙂

Hi Hellsbells79 and welcome to 5:2 🙂 I have been doing 5:2 since 16th August and have lost 13lbs so far (though started cutting down since January and have just reached my 3 stone loss this last week!) I still have a way to go but I am enjoying what I am doing. I am not on a diet – I have just changed a few things for the better! 5:2 fits perfectly into my life! I was in a size 20 jeans at Xmas and on Friday bought my first pair of size 16’s (skinny’s!) for a few years! I’m 46 and am totally fed up of being frumpy looking! Good luck (not that you need it!) 🙂

Hello! Ah well done that’s fab 🙂 I’m looking forward to it, what do you do on the non fasting days? Xx

I count calories on my non fast days using the MyFitnessPal app. I find it really easy to use. I don’t stress over it all though. I have days when I am under my allowance and days where I go over. It usually balances itself out! I’ve just made small changes here and there which have made a difference. Counting calories has just educated me as to what’s in what! I used to write a food diary – now I just fill in the app. I don’t out rule any type of food – I just believe in moderation. So the big bar of Cadburys Fruit & Nut we shared between the 3 of us last night was allowed! 😉 yum!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.