hello just joining

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

• monday is my second week of the diet, found the fast days very hard, was slightly over the 500 calories, this week, but hopefully second week should be better, weigh my slef on monday am

Hi lindab, welcome to a new way of life and to probably the best forum in the country. This lifestyle will turn out to be quite easy for you. Think positive thoughts, read the posts and contribute in any way you want to.
    Good luck

Welcome!

Best forum in the country? Don’t make me laugh.

…there’s people from all over the world here, won’t that make it the best forum in the world?

Anyway, welcome Linda! Don’t beat yourself up over a few extra calories on you fast days. This way of life takes some time getting used to. Your body has grown used to getting food on a very regular basis so when it doesn’t get much it gets upset and curls up crying, like a little diva or kid throwing a temper tantrum. You, the brain, are supposed to be the sensible adult and ignore the tantrum until it goes away – and then your body will start growing less and less likely to throw them! If you keep indulging a kid having a tempter tantrum it only stops the wailing and bad behaviour for a little while, doesn’t it?

…interesting analogy, made it up as I went. *pats self on shoulder* good job.

You sure you ain’t got kids?!!!

I don’t dumpling… but I’ve been teaching Taekwon-do for 3ish years, does that count?

True.
    You know your stuff.

I’m sure you are a 67 yr old gran with 7 kids and 16 grandkids

Shhh! People will find out!

Or should that be, granddad….

..okay no now you’ve gone too far. If you want more proof visit any of my blogs:

http://globalnika.wordpress.com (mainly in Dutch though)
    http://healthynika.wordpress.com (English, where I track my weight and stuff)

Now who’s to say YOU’re not just some creepy 22 year old girl pretending to be a cute and cuddly 50+ year old?

Ha ha, true. I Will have a read of your blog.
    Go to http://www.homeone.com.au and forums and search ‘ kiwi’ and you will find my build thread with pics and all sorts.
    Or ‘ cairns/ melb/ Sydney ‘ meet ups ( we did 6 in 2 yrs, I went to oz to meet the people building, but I organised them) and I am in those pics too!!
    Or any posts ( there are 12,546 posts!!) that I did…and you will probably find some photo somewhere of me.
    I know on a weight loss Pilates thread I started there are some before and after shots…
    Before was 89.5 kilos.

Now I’m 83/84 depending on the day.

10 more off to go.

I can’t find your build thread! It’s just showing me bathtubs.

Are you in forums?

Just do a search in the box at the top left. Put kiwi in ( there is kiwi girl, that’s not me)

Once you find a post of mine my build thread is in my signature.
    There are pics of where I live, on the first page. Whoaaoo!

I fooooouuuuund yooouuuuu… *giggle*

Too easy.

You will make a detective yet..

Okay well I found the thread. But CMON, 151 pages of thread? I don’t have all day xD

Just look at the first page…and see the videos./ pics
    And the second has a pic of me at Franz Josef with hubby, or the 3 rd page…? It’s not far in.

Just scroll to see pics..dont read!
    Can’t even remember what the last page was waffling on about, maybe our trip to europe?
    Which begins in 2 weeks.

Well I also looked around page 60 and I absolutely fell in LOVE with your house! And I’m now letting you know I will be claiming that couch for both July and August. *nod*

Thanks!!
    You can have the office ( the room that has ‘ ry’ on the plan. That’s the office but there is a single bed in there now ready for an exchange student from Brazil for 10 weeks in January, so by July, it’s yours!) you get your own bed and bathroom, how cool is that!
    Kids have the bathroom down near their bedrooms and of course I have my ensuite, which no one is allowed near.
    Aaron might be overseas by then, so if so, you get the bigger room. Much nicer and has the deck and the view.

We have been in the house 2 1/2 yrs and still love it.

It’s very like Derbyshire. Stone walls and all but warm weather…I know. Madness.

Do you think Linda is in the uk and isn’t awake yet and when she sees her thread she is going to go nuts!!??

Most likely xD Sorry Linda!

And ooooooooooh I was kidding about the two months but if it’s OK I’ll definitely stay for a week or 2 then! I love how the countryside looks (and I know it’s going to be winter then) but I’m already looking forward to taking your poor dog on runs through the snow. And throwing your kids in it face-first. They have their own bathroom, they’ll warm up again.

Snow, you are hilarious.

We might get 3 frosts a year here if we are lucky and they last till the 17 deg sun shines On them!

Have never had snow….we are near the top of nz, on a latitude with Wollongong in Australia. ( South of Sydney)

Snow….the alps my friend.
    You need to head south.

Bed here if you need it. Only charge $678 a week.

Pfffft why were you people scaring me with “July and August are freezing!?”… I’m happy with cold weather. I really don’t mind.

I’ll pay au naturel, no worries. I could give your kids martial arts lessons.

Nice!!! Ok deal.

We better move on and high jack someone else’s thread!
    ( Hamilton is freezing, not us so much. We are wet and damp…)

Haha you choose a thread, I’ll jump on it with you then. And I’m looking forward to making your kids do pushups on that deck of yours!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply.