Hello I'm another new one

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cathy44 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi I’m 44 in a week, and have been searching for a way of eating that will help me lose weight for years, I eat pretty healthily anyway, I live on a croft have lots of fisherman friends, home grown venison & pork, chicken & turkey, We also grow lotso f our own veg. My trouble is , well are, portion size, I love my food and I am really good at maintaining my weight. We have lots of friends who we invite over for dinner & then they invite us back. Ive tried low carb, VLCD, Duckan etc but none of them seem very sociable or long lasting.
    I went to buy the fast diet book off Amazon and I had already bought it lol, so decided to give it a proper go. On the VLCD I have done its just over 600 cals a day so I knew I could last on 500cals. Ive been on the diet since Monday, fasting Monday and Wednesday. Ive lost 3lbs so far, I weighed today as I always have weighed on a Thursday and didnt want to leave it another week before I looked. I am so pleased, I know I can do this. I want to lose 4 stone. I have gained all that through 4 pregnancies, I had lost half the weight before becoming pregnant again, so my weight crept up and up,after my last child was born I lost nearly 20lbs on the low carb low fat Duckan diet, then I had a mirena coil fitted and the weight piled back on, over 2 years I gained 2 stone, so I got rid of it. I was devastated , but knew I could just go back on to the diet and loose it again, not so, somehow it wont budge. So here I am and I cant believe I lost 3lbs, Im not hungry today and its not a fast day, I wasnt hungry when I woke up, I had toast & a banana for breakfast , now its nearly lunch time, Im still not hungry really, I dont care how its working but it is definitely working 🙂

Hi Cathy44,
    Welcome to the forum! I too started last Monday and had my second fast day yesterday. So did Arkmead (see “New Beginnings”) Great to hear you’ve lost 3lbs already. I didn’t weigh this morning. I decided to do that once a week, after my first fast day of that week. (I easily turn losing weight into an obsession, which causes stress, which causes cravings….)
    I’m eating normally on my non-fast days, no urge to overeat or compensate. I’m also trying not to eat too little. Before you know it, you are on an non-stop low calory diet. 5:2 seems doable and sustainable, and I’m not looking to lose in a month what I gained over the years (well, I would like to of course, but we all know that’s not going to work in the long run).
    I’m looking at 2,5 or hopefully 3 stone to lose (had to do the math, as I was born in the metric system). Wish you luck!

Hi Sams, thank you, yes Im too impatient to wait till next week and also wanted to see if it had gone down, I was expecting a lb loss but 3 is amazing. Im not weighing till next Thursday now. I am following this to the letter, so really hope to see a los of even another lb next week , but 2 would be good
    Good luck to you too x

Hi folks. I’m on my second week now – fasted Tues & Thurs last week, weighed myself on Mon and had lost 1.3kg and 2cm off my waist measurement. Very happy! It has made this week’s fasting easier – can’t wait to weigh & measure again next Mon (though really I want to see my clothes fitting more comfortably rather than fixating on weight).

Hi Dilly, I have measured myself with a piece of string which I have hidden from everyone, I dont know what it measures yet. I am going to measure with it next Thursday when I have been on the diet longer. I started on Monday so not sure there would have been much difference in 3 days. Then I will leave it for a month and go back. Looking forward now to Monday mornings now as that is my first fast day of the week. Once I know its working and I can do it, I will stop weighing myself once a week and go on to fortnightly then monthly. I used to weigh every day, but soon I wont need to 🙂

Cathy44

wow great idea
    string

like the idea of it getting shorter & shorter

success in this FDL (fastday lifestyle)

@cathy44
    ” I have measured myself with a piece of string which I have hidden from everyone, I dont know what it measures yet. I am going to measure with it next Thursday when I have been on the diet longer. I started on Monday so not sure there would have been much difference in 3 days. Then I will leave it for a month and go back. ”

What does the string measure & how will you continue to use it?

I measured my waist with a bit of string. Its just so i dont get obsessed with numbers really.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.