Hello from Windsor-the one in Connecticut

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sivasankar 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• A major birthday is coming up for me in a week. I’ve been overweight for about 12 years. I never thought I would ever get to be this heavy-I’m only 5 feet 2.5″. I had surgery in 2007 and was put on medication for five years as a treatment-this slowed my metabolism down, plus I have a stressful day job-I’m actually an artist/writer.

In 2011 we sold our home and moved two hours away from my day job-that I still have. I stay with a friend during the week and then go home to husband, dog, house rabbits and studio. I find on weekends I’m too exhausted to do much creative work.

I feel I’m in a rut. I read about Michael’s FASTDIET online and saw snippets about it on PBS here in CT. I need support in starting this diet and sticking to it. One worry is on the fast days does anyone else experience their blood sugar skydiving and feeling a little faint from lack of food? Does anyone get headaches on the first day of a fast day? I started it for one day but couldn’t maintain it due to this. I need help in working through the initial discomfort. Thank you!

I started a week and a half ago and, on the first day, I felt horrible as it progressed. One thing I noticed is that if I eat a heavier meal the night before my fast day, I feel much better the whole fast day. On fast days, I found it helps me to eat an apple mid-morning , then have my 200 calorie lunch and 200 calorie dinner with a low calorie snack mid-afternoon. I keep a journal to help identify what works and what doesn’t.

So far, I have lost 3.4 pounds. Good luck to you!

@suzanne.artist

I have had head-aches and felt little dizzy first few weeks on fast diet. Now I don’t feel it and lost close to 15 pounds in 3 months. I do 2 (eat normally): 1 (fast) and try to eat dinner by 8pm the day before and don’t eat anything until 7PM on fast day (with a cup of tea/coffee (20-30 calories) with cream and sugar). Some days when I am really hungry I eat whole apple (core/seeds and all) around lunch time.

As long as you are not on medication and have no health issues, I would recommend IF, drinking lot of water during the day and few cups of black coffee/tee will help with headache. Keeping busy helps.

Search the forum (especially posts by Dr.Michael) for all your questions.

All the best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.