Hello from Tennessee!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  marigolds 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hey this is Lyndsie from Tennessee in the United States! I’m 25 and as everyone usually does I’ve gained weight since entering college that just won’t go away. I’ve counted calories, gone hardcore at the gym, tried diets. It just won’t budge. It’s not a lot of weight I want to lose but it’s enough to make me not have self confidence. So on a whim I thought I’d try this. Today is the end of my first week and I’m excited to say that I’ve already lost 3 and a half pounds! For anyone that’s interested I will put what I did on my fast days.

The first fast day was a little tough, I was hungry just about all day. I had black coffee in the morning followed by a Progressive chicken noodle soup at around noon. I didn’t eat anything until around 7:30 and I had a frozen meal. I drank hot water before bed because of the hunger pains. But I made it! The second fast day went MUCH smoother, I planned it out the day before. I’m addicted to Starbucks (not those 500 calories drinks, I just love their coffee) so I researched and found that I could get a grande skinny caramel latte for 120 calories and it contained 12g of protein. That was my breakfast. For lunch I had chicken broth (30 calories) and 12 strawberries (approx 48 calories) and for dinner I had a protein bar (180 calories). I didn’t even meet my calorie limit that day and I was actually full.

On my first non fast day I definitely realized the difference between bored eating and actually being hungry and it felt awesome. I also quickly realized that it really doesn’t take a lot to fill you up. Another thing is I thought I would feel tired on fast days but I actually have MORE energy. On my NF days I’ve stayed between 1000-1500 calories and not been hungry at all. I also haven’t snacked! I will definitely be sticking to this to see how it goes. I love it even if its just been my first week!

If you love Starbucks as much as I do I would definitely suggest downloading the app because they have all the nutritional information for their drinks (in grande size). There are a TON of options if you want coffee on your fast days that will curb your appetite and keep your caffeine addiction happy :).

Thanks for sharing your IF story and tips.

Dr Michael recommends eating normally (your TDEE) on non-fasting days, so I would avoid eating less to stop your metabolism from slowing down.

I love coffee with creamer too, but on fasting days, I try to avoid any calorie at all after dinner and until 3PM I drink tea with cream and sugar and dinner at 7PM. I used to drink 3-4 cups of black coffee/tea on fasting days and recently I noticed that I can’t drink more than 1 or 2 cups, just water.

Please share your progress to help others.

All the best.

It’s great to see so many having success with this plan.

Personally, I will not be counting calories on my “feed” days. For me, that would defeat the whole purpose of this plan for me. After a lifetime of counting calories, carbs, fat grams, points and still being fat, I just can’t count anything anymore. No, I take that back! The most I can do is count to 500 two days a week. That I can handle!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.