Hello from France :-)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CalifDreamer 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello there. I am Bettina, 58 years old. Mother of two, married, living with my husband and our two big dogs and a kitty near Strasbourg, in a little village, in a wonderful nature, beside a lake.
    I did sports all my life, jogging. Weight lifting, now – my knees are greeting 🙂 – wandering, also weight lifting moderate. I began in January 2018 with Intermittent Fasting, I ate only once a day, and was fasting for 20 hours ca. I lost 10 kgs and felt wonderful.
    I am looking for a compromise between 5:2 and my way. I don’t have a need of breakfast, and I would like to combine my fasting with the method of Dr. Mosley. The two books “Blood sugar diet” and “The 5:2 Fasting Method” were a big help.
    My mother and grandmother suffered of diabetics and I am very glad, that with my fasting, sports and avoiding lots of sugar I am still healthy in my age.
    It is difficult to ban all sugar and Pasta, etc. because my husband is tall, thin and consumes lots of cakes, biscuits, marmelade etc.
    I don’t use sugar for me and I prefer salads, vegetables, olive oil. Eggs, berrys, nuts.
    Perhaps I can combine my first meal at 13.00/ 1 pm, a fat greek yoghurt with some berrys, nuts, cocos pieces, little bit sesam. Our supper/evening meal normally we take at 6pm and later I will fast.
    I am very motivated, I want to loose some belly fat. After the memopause it is heavier.
    At least I have 1,73 m and a weight in the moment 80 kg and this is too much.
    Sorry, English is not my mother language, but I do my best.

Have a nice day, Bettina.

P.S. My mistake was, that I thought, by eating only once a day I could then eat everything, also ice cream and biscuits.

But now I want to start new and want to avoid those sweet products. I will take as dessert 2,3nuts, some berrys and so on.
    Never fall in this trap again.

Bonjour, Bettina. You say that you want to adopt Dr. Mosley’s diet and that’s great. When you say that you will dine with your husband at 6 pm, ‘and then fast.’ Will your dinner be a real Fasting meal [under 300 calories] or are you using only IF? That’s great that you lost 10 kg! Tres bien fait! If you wish to lose more, then you might not be able to rely only on Intermittent Fasting. You might need to eat the 600 calories per day that Dr Mosley recommends. Yes: avoid sweets.

Votre usage de la langue Anglais est mieux que mon usage de la langue Francais.
    Bonne chance.

Bienvenue à 5:2, Bettina. Your English is very good. I lost about 13 kg over 7 months last year to reach my goal of 59 kg. I followed the 5:2 plan, fasting 2 days per week at 500 calories. It was a little slow sometimes but it worked well for me and it is easy enough that I am eating the same way for maintenance. I’ve stayed within 2 kg of my goal for about 9 months and plan to continue. I didn’t ban any foods but I do try to eat healthy foods and lots of fruit and vegetables.

This way of eating is very flexible, and I hope whichever way you plan to do it, that you have success like many others here. I’m looking forward to seeing you around these forums so we can share your success and answer any questions you might have. Bon chance, Bettina. We’re happy you’re here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.