Hello from Australia.

This topic contains 66 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  vicki 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)

• Hi everyone hope you are all fasting well! Start my 10th week on Monday having lost 5kg & 8cm round my waist, feeling more energized which can be hard when it’s so cold. Anyone know if taking a supplement like multi vitamins or sim should be counted in 500cal? Keep at it everyone, well worth it;-)

I was thinking the same when I had my daily Berocca today – reckon the benefits outweight the potential 5 or so calories (they don’t have nutritional info on the tubes so 5 is a complete guess) – i’d say just ignore the cal’s. Well dont on kgs and the shrinking – I’m just in week 2 and its good to hear other sucess stories. PS yep – chilly here in Sydney today for sure 🙂

hi all. i’m new to this. in reading the calorie counter there are lots of items of 100g per day, lets say averaging 50 calories each. does that mean I can eat 1200 grams (1.2kg) of these foods per day to be on the 600 calories? thanks!! richard

Gday Richard0403 from a sunny and warm !!!! England. ( Don’t faint)

I wish you all the best of luck in this change of lifestyle ( note i didn’t say diet)but can i just give you my bit of personal advice ?

Once you have worked out what your 600 calories are, and the recipe book is great for that, stop counting the calories. You know what you ate before so just reduce it on non fast days ( note i don’t say feast as some do on this site).Too many get consumed by calorie counting and set themselves up to fail.

Best of luck down there hope you achieve all you wish for.

Hi everyone. Started my 5:2 yesterday and am nearly to the end of my 2nd day fasting. I did my 2 days together because that just suited me this week plus I wanted to see if I could. And guess what? I did it and it felt great. I was surprised that I wasn’t as hungry as I thought I’d be. Such a new revelation for me as I’ve never really ever let myself get too hungry. But as the book said, you pass through the hunger stage. I’m absolutely wrapped and look forward to making this a part of my every day life. Love love reading all your posts and tips. I’ll let you know how my weight loss goes. I’m looking to lose about 8kg’s at this stage. Happy days everyone!

Hello all, great to read all of you are doing so well. I am definitely on the band wagon and have lost 7.3kg in 7 weeks. I don’t find this diet difficult at all, however I do still have a lot of weight to lose but it seems to be coming off…I will keep you posted. Happy fasting!!

Hi all.

I’m new to the forum and lifestyle too. I watched the program, tried it for 3 weeks and found I felt a lot less bloated instantly. Then I read the book, got sick and it all went out the door but I’m back now with this being my 2nd day of fasting.

I too have 30kg to lose after having 3 children in quick succession so I felt an instant connection when I read others in my position. I’m in Sydney so the Aussie connection helps too!

I have a 3.5 year old, 26 month old and 7.5 month old. Time to myself? Nil!

Determined to get down to a healthy weight and be a better role model for my children. Already discovered I not only overeat but snack on rubbish. Time to be mindful I guess.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more of your positive results and coping with struggles.

Hi from Adelaide! Just started the diet today, and know I will be able to do it. However. I am getting my knickers in a knot trying to work out calorie amounts in weights that don’t match up to those in the book. I am no mathematician! Can anyone recommend a book of recipes that may help me? There must be an easy way. Any help would be much appreciated. I am planning on eating breakfast and dinner only twice a week. I am 73 and although I only need to get from 69kg down to about 63kg, I am also hoping for some health benefits, altho I currently do not have any major health problems.

Hi shoshanna and welcome! 🙂

Sorry I can’t help with the recipes, but if you use the search box at the top right of this page if should bring up some posts on this issue.

Also, you will have noticed that the previous posts in this topic are months ago – lots of us Aussies use the Hello Southern Hemispherites topic to keep in touch, so if you post your query there, you may also get some responses.

Another idea is to tell us what sort of food you want to eat, and people can direct you to, or provide you with, recipes with appropriate quantities for fast days.

I have never bothered to calculate calories other than very roughly. If you stick to protein and veggies on fast days, then it is quite easy to calculate cals. On non-fast days, just eat what you would normally eat, or a little less, and try to have more of the healthy and less of the less healthy foods – tho it is important not to feel deprived, so if you really want that sugary high carb food, then have it and enjoy it!! 🙂

Best wishes
    Sassy 🙂
    NB I am a Melbournite, but am in Adelaide for a week visiting my elderly parents.

Hi I have this is my fifth week,have lost about 3 kg.I would love to lose 2 more before xmas.Very happy with it,though I get a bit moody on the fast days.I feel better the next day and feel it is good to give my digestive system a rest!

Hi gillygilly

You haven’t posted for a while! (I just checked, hope you don’t mind…)

Sounds like the weight is coming off, 3kg in 4-5 weeks is good loss. If you resist all the Christmas treats before Christmas, then hopefully (fingers crossed, and cupboard and fridge door kept closed!!) those next 2kg may drop off too.

Definitely agree about feeling good after a fast day 😀

Good luck with it 🙂 and come back and join us on the Southern Hemispherites topic if you would like.

Cheers
    Sassy

Thx its nice to have support.I’ve tried a lot of diets and give up ,because everything is restricted and thats so boring.Today is a fast day,so tomorrow I am taking myself out to breakfast.My doctor did this diet after coming back from New York and recommended it.Cant wait to see him next week!

Ps it got up to 37 today in Melbourne ,which made it a bit easier!!!

Great to hear of supportive doctors, even better ones who are on this WOE! 🙂

(And hubby mentioned it was v warm in Melb today – pretty warm in Adelaide too, tho not quite as hot – will be hotter tomorrow tho)

what book do I buy first

Ree, why not read “The Fast Diet” to understand the concepts – your local library may have a copy. I didn’t have to buy it.

Great to see lots of fellow Aussies trying to get or stay healthy. I have been on the Fast Diet for 6 weeks (with a break for Christmas) and have surprised myself at how easy it is to get through each day. I finish the day with a strawberry and black coffee which satisfies my need for a dessert.

I have lost around 3kg so far. The test will be when I head overseas for 5 weeks split between 3 weeks work and 2 weeks skiing. I suspect I may have to suspend things during the skiing.

Hi Ree

Also, if you haven’t seen the program you can watch it at:
    http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

There is also a very useful (and funny) 6 minute guide (you can skip the ad at the beginning of it)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Aj6hRYg4A

good luck

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply.