Hello from Australia

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi, Had my first fast day yesterday. It was great, easier than what I thought. It was a day off work so I didn’t eat until 1.00pm. I think if I have breakfast I will want to eat all day. Then I had dinner around 6.00pm. The only trouble I had was that I woke up around 3.00am thinking about what I was going to have for breakfast and couldn’t get back to sleep. I have a lot off weight to lose and after going on almost every diet their is I think this one is the one that I can stick too. I have always been big, but I gave up smoking a year ago and have gained 10kgs and feel so depressed, and so unhealthy. Good luck to everyone.

Hi caylene
    Welcome and congrats for starting 5:2 🙂 this should be the last ‘diet’ you ever need to do – many of us see it as a ‘Way Of Life’.

If you haven’t already, do have a good look around this forum for lots of useful suggestions to help you on your journey. You will see we have a topic for the Southern Hemispherites – please join us there.

Great that you found the first first day went well 🙁 but very frustrating to wake up and not get back to sleep 🙁 Lets hope this was a one-off. Keep yourself as busy and active as possible on a fast day, and hopefully you will sleep through ok next time. (Some people do have poor sleep after fasting, but cope with it by knowing how much they are benefiting from the fast.)

Best wishes for your journey. Do use this forum for help and support, and to give support as you feel able. There are many others in your situation; you are in great company 😀

Sassy
    PS Big congrats on giving up smoking :D.

Thankyou Sassy, I found the other post, I will stay on that one.

Noooo, stay here too, so you can share your progress easily.
    Well done on the smokes.

Now comes the weight loss!!

Smoking >>> 10kg weight. As in, smoking is a lot worse for your health than being 10kg heavier. Giving up smoking is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud of that! Now comes losing the weight by doing other healthy and good things for your body, like doing 5:2.
    Try to focus on little goals and be proud of accomplishing them. For example:
    – Going for a walk during lunchtime
    – Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
    – Accomplishing a fast day
    – Losing weight a pound at a time!
    – Getting your hair done / go to a sauna / pick up a hobby / whatever you fancy (as long as it isn’t baking).

Oh and yeah, like dumpy said, you should keep posting here as well! Against popular belief it IS possible to post on multiple topics without your keyboard exploding – I’ve experimented with it and debunked that entire theory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.