Hello from across the pond – overcoming obstacles yay!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Hello from across the pond – overcoming obstacles yay!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rabbette 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I’m new here – I was excited to find a whole group of folks into 5:2 and/or 4:3 and “fasting/low calorie days” yay. I am excited to feel like I have gotten over a GREAT big hump with food.

Right now I’m 4:3 eating habit and when I get some weight off – I’ll switch over to 5:2.

This new eating routine has helped me overcome a huge obstacle of a terrible eating disorder I had begun when I was younger. I would slip back into it when I became stressed. What I have learned is that it is ok to be hungry, its also ok to eat (and enjoy it) and to finally not feel like its an EVERYDAY battle with food! – Thank you to everyone in this community. Cheers, Rabbette

Good luck Rabette. Today was my first day back on the 5:2 after several years. I am naturally an over eater, so I am liking controlling what I eat. Fingers crossed the next days/weeks are as doable as today. I suppose it helped that I was at work!

Hi Rabbette. Welcome to the club! I’ve just joined too, love reading about other’s experiences.
    I’m on my fourth week of 4:3, eating what I want on non fds. Seeing good progress. Thought I’d have switched to 5:2 by now, but will see how it goes. Feeling cold on fds, but ok otherwise.
    Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. Best of luck.

Good luck to both of you as you start your journeys.

Bramble, if 4:3 is working, keep at it.

Parveenh, I too find that being busy/being at work helps to control the urge to eat. Wanting to eat is often about boredom.

We are Fasting today on whisked eggs combined with a spicy chicken mixture and baked. Yummy! Tonight will be a vegetable casserole: potatoes, cauliflower [mashed with the potatoes], broccoli, cabbage, leek, cheese. Variously called Rumbledeethumps or Colcannon.

I started the 4:3 fasting last week of January – it looks like I started January 29th 2019. I’m 6.4kg (14lbs) lighter. So far it’s slow and steady – which is encouraging. I find the eating schedule healing. Long story short I’ve had issues under and overeating. I felt so lost with food, I was like dang I can’t win. Then suddenly I found this method. I am so relieved, I am grateful for the control on (fd) and yet I can be free on (ed). Its given me a new outlook with food.

Parveenh – Drink a small glass of water 8oz seems to be a good size when hunger strikes (I find I like the bubbly seltzer waters, the ones with no salt, no artificial color and no artificial sweetener)

Brambleberry – I think I figured out why (at least why I get cold on fasting days) Its typically when I’m drinking more water. I learned some time ago that when you drink water for some people it can have that affect. I have some tips – first room temperature water. Then if thats not helping, try hot water (like as hot as you would have it for tea) if hot water with nothing in it sounds unappetizing (I actually like it) put a slice of Lemon, lime, or orange in it. I find this to be FAB!

Fasting_me – your casserole sounds yummy, what time did you say dinner was?… Tehehe

Here’s the recipe, Rabbette:

Rumbledethumps: 243 calories 10 g fat 4 g fiber 12.6 g protein 19.5 g carbs 171.4 mg Calcium PB GF Where do you get a recipe with a name like that? Sundays At Moosewood, [https://moosewoodcooks.com/products-page/cookbooks/sundays-at-moosewood-restaurant/] of course. Hearty meals like this, made with winter vegetables are common in Scotland and Ireland. HINT: The recipe makes enough for 2 servings. Wrap half in cling-wrap and foil and freeze for another dinner.
    ¼ pound potato 3 Tbsp skimmed milk 1.5 tsp butter ¼ tsp ground mace 2 egg whites ¼ pound cauliflower ¾ cup cabbage, chopped ½ cup leek, sliced ¼ cup broccoli, chopped 1/3 cup cheddar, grated per person: ¾ cup salad greens 1 oz tomato ½ tsp olive oil + ½ tsp cider vinegar
    Cut potato into chunks. Boil and mash with the cauliflower, milk, butter, and mace. Let cool. Steam the cabbage, leek, and broccoli until cooked. Take off the heat. Whip the eggwhites until stiff and fold into the potato/cauliflower mash. Taste for salt and pepper. Gently stir in the remaining steamed vegetables. Smooth into a lightly-spritzed baking dish. [choose the dish with the idea that you will be dividing this into 2 equal portions] Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees F. until the cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown. Whisk the oil and vinegar together and toss in the greens with a pinch of salt. Serve the cool, crispy salad with the hot, creamy rumbledethumps. Good food.

Thanks for the tips Rabbette and fasting_me.
    Back from a short break and ignoring fluctuations on scales – they can be so demotivating. Day 14 of zero fast which should bring me to 7lbs lost since mid Feb. At least scales generally reflect that, so I’m concentrating on the FD counts.
    Onwards and downwards slowly!
    Maria, congrats on finding something that works for you. Personally I prefer not to rely on the “weight-loss aids” as I need to feel the regime is do-able long term. I’m taking inspiration from lots of long term fasters on this forum.
    Best of luck all.

fasting_me – thank you for the recipe sounds good, and I’m intrigued as I’ve never used mace in a recipe. I know its a spice, because I have it as an essential oil. But have never had a recipe that called for it. I shall have to see if I can track that down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.