Hello Forum

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Started the 5 : 2 round about early July this year.
    My weight was 116.5 kg. then – I’m 200cm tall.

Knocked off about 6-900 grams weekly initially . Cycling about 20-50km a week with moderate to intensive hills.
    Plateau’d probably when I got to 107kg, slowly got to 105kg, Weight Now 104kg.

Aiming for 100kg and then switching to 6 : 1 at New Year for maintenance.

Good Points
    * Cholesterol level total is down to upper normal from 7.8 at last bloods done. Gets the GP off my back and his push for statin use
    * I am now acutely aware of the ridiculous amount of food always available, quite a reality check.
    * Eat and drink what the hell I like (within reason) on the 5 feasting days.
    * No longer drowsy through the daytime
    * Sleeping well
    * Cycling faster
    * It’s easy, I now know my food intake without weighing it or any of that fiddly calorie counting cr*p.

Bad Points

* Pains where old injuries once occurred – hamstring, ankles, head, shoulders. Transient nature and in first 5-6 weeks. Manageable with tablets if necessary.

*Bit grumpy on fast days by the end.

* I did not start this soon enough.

* I need a new wardrobe and would appreciate some financial donations.

*People wanting to know my “secret” . It’s not a secret.

* People congratulating me. It’s really annoying. Stopping eating and drinking too much is not achievement.

Can you tell it’s fast day today? Lol.

Hey MC, can’t tell it’s a fast day, but I do my first fast day tomorrow, so I may need to reconsider that about 3 or 4 pm tomorrow.

Sounds like you have had some fantastic results, hopefully I will be able to post similar one day.

mcfast- can I tell- well yes, I can.

Hahaha mcfast, what a great post. Yes, I can tell, I too can be a bit irritable at the end of a fast day, and as I look after two kids, I need to be careful – it’s not their fault I’m trying to lose weight!!!

Usually from 4pm until I’ve had dinner the crank factor starts , then it’s fine!
    Ghostgirl I normally do the weird days of the week Monday and Thursday , strangely enough by Sunday night I am keen to get stuck into my first fast of the week. I don’t think you can go meekly into fasting ! Results will come , I was quite sceptical at first when reading the book but it works. Plot the results on graph once a week and follow the line over the months. It won’t be drastic and that’s what you want.

Piper – ha ha you know the feeling! I prefer a bit of crankiness now and again to drowsy and lethargic…

Iw2bcontrol – best to let those in the firing line know – those at home have a good laugh now as I’m quite predictable on my days. And if you have to make one of those phone calls or deal with a problem person or service provider then is the time to let them have it!!

Switching my goal focus to dropping down from 5:2 to 6:1 days is keeping my mind off the remaining 4 kilos , nearly there!

Hey McFast! Great story and post, kind of made me giggle πŸ˜‰ I don’t have the grumpy-on-fast-days problem, thank god… I fast every day so that would be hell. Don’t get me wrong, I eat 5:2 but I eat one meal every day (just have a bigger one on normal days).
    2m tall at 100kg sounds reasonable! You can also have your fat% taken, that may tell you a lot more than just length and weight. I have one of those fancy scales that measures it – I know it’s not a very accurate reading, but it lets me track whether it gets lower or higher anyway.

Sounds like you already had some amazing results, the weightloss not even being the most important one! Good to get that GP off your back πŸ˜‰

I’ll be v happy if I can get and maintain 100Kg Nika – I did a weigh this a.m. and 400g came off since last Friday. So I think a week or 2 before Xmas I can get to 6 : 1.

My Dr was saying I could handle 85kg, but no way I think I would be ill. And strange thing is I don’t know how he would expect that kind of drop, except for massive restriction of food intake everyday yet he was a little disapproving of my 5:2 . Once at 100kg I’ll keep the 6:1 going then until I get dementia or something and forget πŸ™‚ – which jokes aside is something hopefully this may help avoid as dementia in old age seems a bit of problem in my genes!

Don’t think I could just do one meal a day, although on my normal days I go long periods without anything and miss lunch and stuff because I just don’t feel it. Slightly addicted to bubbly water, thin bubbles the best – but I laid into a bottle of beer with dinner and thick custard and apple pie afterwards, sheer heaven!

Sounds like my brother telling me 55kg would be a healthy weight for me, just because my BMI would then still be healthy. I’m muscular (compared to most women) so yeah. No.

Hope you reach your goal before Xmas!

Hi Nica – how’s it going?

I dropped about 2 kg last week which was bigger drop than I expected, the only thing I did different was use the forum! In fact the biggest single drop since I started…

If I drop 2kg’s again this week then I’ve just about hit my goal, but not sure it’s all that healthy – I’m getting the feeling this fasting cumulatively generates it’s own dynamic towards weight loss if it’s consistent. Have heard some say they keep losing well after their goal??

6 : 1 well before xmas is a good prospect! is that something you are going for or you sticking to 5:2 forever or something?

I’m OK, didn’t lose as much as I wanted but still 1.4 kg so not too bad. With all the exercise I was hoping for more though.

Anyway, I’m still over 40lb away from my goal so I’m not really thinking about what I’m gonna do at that time yet, let’s first get down there πŸ˜‰ At that point I’ll be lighter than I’ve been in my living memory so I’m not even sure that’s my target weight, maybe I won’t reach it or maybe I find that I need to lose even a bit more before being slim. It’s about fat% and health for me, but also about weight classes. Being a martial artists you have to pick a weight class and then stay in the upper regions of that class… so that’ll also impact my choices. Anyway. I’m rambling.

@nika
    “Being a martial artists you have to pick a weight class and then stay in the upper regions of that class… ”

In my days of competition, I would drop to a lower weight class, while still maintaining my strength and agility. In some cases, it was a favorable advantage. Most of us at the lower weight classes did that.

Off season, I would be about 20 to 30 pounds heavier and conditioned at that level.

On season, I would drop 10 pounds in the first week back of training competitively. It just seemed normal to do that.

A lot of carrot sticks eating was done in those days.

Winning in competition meant a lot.

➰

Hey Rocky, I know about that! πŸ˜‰ And my maintenance weight will be far off from my fighting weight, I think – but maybe not. It depends on my maintenance weight and what would be healthy to lose. But I’ll see when I get there!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.