Hello everyone! It's my first day today!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  georgiaatessex 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Hi! It’s my first fast day today and I’m feeling very positive, mainly due to the fact that my OH is doing this with me! He has never done any form of dieting before let alone acknowledge that he needs to lose a few pounds. I have a lot more to lose than him as my weight has dramatically increased in the last few months.

Hi. My husband does fastdiet with me and we encourage each other. He’s not losing much weight at the moment so i am just making sure we stick to the plan.

Hi Shana,

Today is my first day too. I’m feeling pretty positive and also just very empowered by this idea. I really hope to see results, but more importantly, I hope to feel better physically.

Good luck to you,
    Madison

I am starting today too! And I also would love my hubby to join but he doesn’t want to. At least he is curious about it and that motivates me to do it right to hopefully inspire him to get started!

Hello All

I have had a couple of weeks off as I have bought a house with my boyfriend and we have moved in together!

I am back to fasting today, and we have worked it out so that the meals I cook on my fast days can be adjusted to both of us.

Looking forward to getting back to the great results I was seeing before, I have lost 6lb and 6inches. Have gone up 2lb since stopping the fasting (and because I ate too many takeaways during the move!!!) but back on track now!

It feels great to be fasting again and I feel fine today 🙂
    Have a great day everyone
    Alex

My husband is doing the fast with me, too. The night before I started we watched Eat, Fast, and Live Longer and he decided he’d try it, for the anti-aging benefits, particularly the mental ones.

It’s not been as bad as I thought it would be. Had dinner a short while ago, which consisted of chicken and salad. Still feeling a bit hungry but at least I won’t have to calorie count tomorrow.

I’m just a bit conscious about what I’m eating tomorrow as I don’t want to spoil today’s hard work!

I have just finished my 2nd fast today and again it’s been fine! Good luck

Happy to join you on my first day on the FD. I’m one of the men doing this and hope it will be a lifestyle change. Read the FD book from cover to cover yesterday and decided to start straight away. Planning to do Mondays & Thursdays. Managed to keep myself very busy today – 5 hours in the office, 2 hours jetting the patio clean and a bi-weekly visit to the Physio who was not impressed with my diet plan! I decided on porridge (water only) for breakfast @ 7.30 am and chicken breast with lots of vegetables followed by an apple for dinner @ 7.30 pm. Two coffees and plenty of water during the day. It helps my wife’s a nutritionist. Seem to have managed fine with no strong urges to eat something inappropriate – did not partake in the cakes a colleague brought in for his birthday – hoping there will be a small slice left for me tomorrow.
    Wish you all success and hope we all stick to it and ….only 9 hours ’til breakfast!

Hi Shana and others,
    Shana, so glad that you posted. I am doing this with my husband and it’s the first time we’ve done a diet together. I’ve just started the third week (fasting on Mondays and Thursdays). It does feel like it’s getting easier. For me, it’s been important to try different kinds of food, factoring in a snack, and figuring out the best times to eat. Today has been the best fast day so far. I honestly wasn’t sure if I could sustain it last week. So, it seems to take time to adjust – as they say. It’s been fun to step on the scale with my husband on Friday mornings and see the numbers already coming down!
    Good luck to you!

I wish my husband would do something about his weight! Since I’ve been cutting down he has had a couple of attempts but soon gives up! He blames his job but he doesn’t want healthy food when he’s home! Good luck all

Hello everyone, it’s my first day today and I am hoping to lose just under 3 stone and keep it off. I have tried many diets over the last few years but always end up putting even more weight back on. I’m hoping this will encourage a way of life for me and not just a diet. Any tips on where to find the calorie contents of foods so that I can figure out what I can eat?

Hi y’all! I’m in my fourth week along with my hubby, and am finding it easier as we go on! Have lost 6lbs so far and feel great. My hubby has never been on a calorie counting diet before and as he does a physical job (plasterer) it’s very hard for him on fast days. I’m not sure that he will stick it but will continue without him if necessary! 🙂 Good luck all x

Hi everyone, I’m starting today too along with you Bridget1973! For all you people that started yesterday how hungry are you today? I have the feeling that I’ll manage today, but struggle not to overcompensate on my ‘normal’ food days.

Its my first fast day today too! Its amost 2pm and just thinking about having my first thing to eat, soup. Good luck to all those starting today too!

Hi Everyone
    How did your first days go Vezza and georgiaatessex? Mine was ok although eating dinner last night did make me feel hungry – wierd I know, but I don’t feel that hungry this morning so am just oing to have a small breakfast.
    Hope you both magaged to get through your first days.
    How was day 2 for everone else, did you feel more tired during the day?

It was fine for me thanks, I was a bit hungry when I went to bed but I woke up feeling fine. Am trying to go to lunch without eating and so far doing well. I weighed myself this morning and already lost 1 lb! Only another 9 to go 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.