Hello! Another newbie with a silly question!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TAB76 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi. Starting my second fast day today. Think I went over the 500 calories on the first (more like 600).
    Can I ask if anyone sees anything wrong with havingb shredded wheat (weighed portion) and milk (207 calories) for breakfast so long as I have salad for evening meal and try not to go over 300 calories?
    It may seem a stupid question but shredded wheat seems the least sugary cereal, low cal etc. Can’t stand porridge with water and it doesn’t fill me up as much.
    Thanks for any advice.

Its a highly processed grain. 70% simple carb. The carb content has already been broken down into maltose (two glucose rings joined together) before you’ve even swallowed that mouthful. Broken down into glucose shortly after exiting you’re stomach. Do you like yogurt? Plain high fat low sugar greek yogurt. Add some almonds, some seeds and a few berries. Or a handful of almonds and an apple (with the skin on). You really want to limit your processed grains to a minimum.

Thank you. Had a feeling it was probably bad!
    I love natural yogurt and that’s what I used to eat when on other diets . I will take that advice. Appreciate your reply.

Hi, TAB.
    When my husband and I were planning what to eat at the start of our Fasting Lifestyle 4 years ago, he wanted to keep our menus close to what we usually eat. So he suggested cereal for breakfast on Mondays: “Only 230 calories per bowl,” he pointed out. “That will fit the calorie count.” I pointed out that the protein was too low and the carbs too high. Now we eat Eggs on Mondays and Thursdays for breakfast, with lots of flavor variations.

It is so important to keep a high protein count within your 300 calorie meals. I aim for 15-20 grams at breakfast and 20-30 grams at dinner. The reason for this is that protein keeps you full longer and maintains muscle mass which is important for dieters and anyone who is getting older.

Bigbooty gives good advice about the carbs. On Fast Days, I make sure that the carbs are complex and coming from fruits and vegetables rather than grains.

Thank you. This is my first time joining a forum and asking for advice so really appreciate it. I used to eat an egg with toast every day going to school as a teenager! Maybe I need to return to that (without the toast). I read the fast book so quickly I don’t think I took every thing in but this is great advice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.