Hello

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nursewitchie 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Hi I am going to have my first fast day on Monday…..am a little nervous but am looking forward to the benefits I know it will bring. I cook a lot so where can I find calorie values for my basic ingredients and fresh fruit and veggies???

Hi Nursewitchie I have recently started 5:2 my fast days are Monday and Thursday so good luck. I have had to track my calories before. Trying not to do that now except on fast days. When I do I use my phone app FatSecret it gives nutrition info for everythin. I have never met a food I didn’t like and its always been found in that phone app. Might be able to use it to find values

Thank you so much…my days are going to be Monday and Thursday too. Am just installing Fatsecret now. Will keep you posted with my progress

Hi Nursewitchie, welcome! I’m fairly new myself, but am thrilled with the plan so far. today is a fast day for my family. so far I have found the fast days surprisingly easy. be sure to drink lots of water, it helps. good luck and please do keep us posted.

@nursewitchie
    “Am just installing Fatsecret now.”

What is Fatsecret, and how are you installing & using this?

FatSecret is an app which I have downloaded onto my iphone and gives calories on lots of foods

hello and welcome nursewitchie,
    if you havent already measure all over, so you have a record to look back on for those weeks the scales seem to stick, read the forums there is a great amount of info here.
    best of luck on your new lifestyle choice x

Thanks for the advice….am really looking forward to getting started

Just over halfway through my first fast day. Measurements and weight recorded and so far so good. No hunger pangs and feeling incredibly positive!!!

Day 1 almost done and only 408 calories consumed….feeling good too. One thing I have noticed is that I am peeing a lot more than normal…..hey ho at least I’ve survived!!!!

well done on your first day, glad to hear it wasn’t to hard for you, keep us posted on your progress x

Thank you I will do that….am already planning my food for my next fast day on Thursday x

2nd fast day going well…..have had homemade broccoli and stilton soup,black tea and water only so far. About to have roasted veg frittata with a little cheddar cheese…all safely within my 500 calories!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.