HELLO

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi, Im a newby, just trying to read up on everything. Im a lady of a certain age, who middle has become a tree truck. Im uncomforable in all my clothes, and need to do something about it, because I feel dull, boring and old…….Im going to gain as much info as I can and start my first fasting day Mon, a new week and all that. Look forward to reading all you posts and learning from you as bit nervous about how I will manage x

Hi Lets and welcome:

Here is some info that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hello, guys! Glad to be here 🙂

Best advice I can give you, Letsget: plan ahead. Decide in advance what you will eat on a Fast Day and make sure you do the shopping beforehand. Since you last wrote on Jan 26, I assume you have started. How did it go? Do tell!

Lesto, we’re glad you are here, too. how long have you been Fasting? How is it working for you?

Hello,I started following a mix of 5:2/BSD last Jan and lost 4 stones by Nov 2017.Have never felt so positive for years.Since Christmas,all my resolve has disappeared,I have regained 14 lbs and feel so very low feel totally out of control and unhappy.I read the fora on both sites and they do help but just feeling so low at the moment.Maybe the lighter days will help but I’ve stopped going out again and can’t seem to think of any positives,I can’t believe that I’ve become like Thai again after feeling so well last year.Sorry for whining,just so down at the moment.

Hi Mars and welcome:

Well, you know how to do 5:2 and you know it works.

I would suggest you focus on doing two 500 calorie a day ‘fasts’ each week – and not worry about anything else diet related. Just focus on doing two 500 calorie days each week. Keep at it until you do it, then go for four in a row.

Good Luck!

Hi, Marsbar2! I understand how you feel! I am new to the program, so I am still testing how this will work for me. Many people do water fasts on fasting days, so I tried this. It didn’t work for me. In fact I wound up putting weight on. The outcome for this for me has been to stay strictly within the 5:2 plan rules with 500 calories on fasting days and see where this takes me. Despite my mishaps, I still feel positive that I can make this work for me. I also already recognize that I will have to continue a modified fast for maintenance. Dr. Mosley recommends a 6:1 fast. I just read his book and it was very helpful. I think I will read passages when I need a boost. You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself. Regroup and jump right back in there! We’re rooting for you! 🙂

Marsbar, you sound depressed. Does this happen every winter? What is different since last january when you started the Fast Diet with such success? Go outside and walk. Get some sun on your face and exercise.
    You went off the diet for Christmas, didn’t you? Try to see Fasting as a Lifestyle that is maintained all year round. We eat very well during December and January, but we still Fast twice a week, every week. This expectation makes it harder for us to backslide and go off the diet completely.
    Good luck to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.