PLEASE HELP, 2 weeks IF and sudden loss of energy and cannot sleep at night

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
PLEASE HELP, 2 weeks IF and sudden loss of energy and cannot sleep at night

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adamatp 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi everyone I am in serious need of help and have no idea where to turn to

I am 2 weeks into intermittent fasting and the first 2 weeks have been AMAZING I felt more energy, better sleep, more exercise and fasting everyday until 3pm was fairly easy and felt good…

Now just 3 days ago randomly around 3pm 4pm when I break the fast like normal I lose ALL my energy, I feel weak, I can’t focus I don’t even want to talk to people, I feel like I look like I’m zoning out, I can’t focus and my memory is terrible, I’m in a fog.. I do think want to exercise anymore as I have no energy and I feel “tired” like I want to go to sleep but once I’m in bed now I toss and turn for hours until 1 or 2 am, and in the mornings I feel like hell! This is literally the complete opposite of what the first 2 weeks of if did for me..

I honestly love IF but cannot explain or understand what is going wrong, I’m eating about 2000 calories, I’m 203 pounds, if anything I thought doing IF for a solid 2 weeks would have gotten my body used to it but it doesn’t make sense that NOW after 2 weeks my body would be rejecting it?

I want to continue but I also don’t want to kill myself 🙁 can someone help me out ? Thanks in advance

Are you doing 5:2? If so, it doesn’t make sense that your body is rejecting it (on my knowledge anyway!).
    I bet you have a virus or something. Look after yourself. Drink lots of water (if you aren’t already). Look up sleep hygiene. Be kind to yourself. Go to the doctor if you don’t improve.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! I’m not sure what 5:2 is? My feeding window has been 3pm-10pm, but there is no way I have a virus because I wouldn’t be wide awake all night?

I am making sure I drink enough water because I am never thirsty, it’s weird though I feel like I really should NEED more water yet I find I’m oddly satisfied with (Imo) not much water..

Also I’ve seen on other fourms it’s normal to urinate a lot while fasting? I’m probably urinating like 6 or 7 times throughout the night

Ha, this is the 5:2 website. 5:2 is eating normally 5 days a weeks, and fasting lightly 2 days a week. Check the home page of this website and you can learn more about it if you wish.

So you have been fasting from 10pm to 3pm each day? Have you been drinking water during that fast period? How healthy has been the food you have been eating between 3pm and 10pm?
    Hopefully someone who understands more about your regime will come along and be helpful.

Yes that’s correct! I adjusted my fast and now I ate today at 2pm instead of 3, I took a multi vitamin and ate some more whole grains and vegetables and it is now 530 and I’m starting to feel significantly better ! I think I might have not been getting the correct nutrients I was eating quite a lot of fast food and wasn’t really paying attention to nutrients and instead just focusing on getting 2000 calories no matter what it was I ate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.