Hello

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’m just starting this today, I’m having my very first fasting day – have to say at 11.15 in the morning I’m starving, well it feels that way. I’ve had loads of tea and the feeling in my stomach comes and goes, I’m hoping so much this works for me. I’ll be having a very early lunch today to space out my 500 calories, just need to find something good to eat. x

Hi Kitty, I too find my hunger comes and goes in waves. I found that my hunger was more challenging in the first month of fasting and that this got easier the longer I stuck with the program.

I find that eating plenty of protein on my fasting days helps my hunger considerably and I aim to eat a minimum of 50 grams. I usually include cottage cheese topped with fresh strawberries or alternatively frozen blueberries as one of my fast day meals.

Greens have few calories so we can load up on those on fasting days. Celery, lettuce, cucumber are also some of my fast day staples. I count each calorie, however so do count each bite of those I take.

Here’s to you reaping the rewards of your first fast day when you step on the scales tomorrow!

@kitty1306 – My first full fast day was hard. I only went from supper until just after midnight the next day. (30 hours) I started eating then because I was on a plane to the states and it was breakfast time at my destination. I probably had 2000 calories of snack food in my backpack, guess I thought I might starve or something. I ended up sharing it with my teenagers that always have room for snacks!

Overtime fasting has become easier but I still get waves of hunger. Some things I do are:
    * Drink some water
    * Sometimes sit without a chair just holding my butt in the air. If you make it two minutes your legs will be burning so much that hunger isn’t an issue! Also the lactic acid (that causes the burn) gets process back into glucose by your liver.
    * Just try to busy myself.
    * Sometimes just ignore it, it rarely lasts more than 1/2 hour.

Getting really mad works too, but I don’t recommend that.

@minka – Cottage cheese!!! I haven’t found cottage cheese in Japan worth eating! Ugh that is something I actually miss. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.