Hello!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi everyone! I am another new person joining this new way of life! I have read one book but have just ordered the actual Fast book and recipe book! I started yesterday and fasted and stuck to 500 calories but I am wanting to probably stick to 400 once I am confident with it.

I am used to having about 1200 cals a day upto starting this diet so my body probably won’t lose weight if I start eating lots more on non fasting days so my plan is to stick to 1200 on non fast days roughly, and then do the alternate day fasting for the first few weeks to hopefully boost the weight loss.

I have about a stone and a half to lose after losing 4.5 stones on the low cal diet which took about 2 years as have concentrated on healthy eating and took up running.

I am hoping to achieve this by next July when I turn 30!
    My husband is also doing it with me to support me and also as he is feeling a bit flabby and would like to lose body fat from his middle.

I am so excited with this and look forward to reading up plenty on here and sharing anything I can and reading everyone’s tips and advice!

Big “fasting is the way forward” love
    Alexis x

Hi Alexis!

I also had my first fast day yesterday and have up till now been eating 1200 daily.
    Are you finding that you aren’t so hungry today? I’ve probably only had about 200 calories all day so far and feel satisfied!?

Hi Emily,
    50/50 really today, I still counted my cals on my phone app and actually felt ok..I’m on nights though so have been at home all day and I usually struggle not to be hungry at home anyway. It hasn’t felt bad though, I loved it yesterday knowing I got through it and managed on 500 cals and didn’t feel hungry at all really! Went for a 4 mile run too and still felt ok! We normally eat about 8pm so I guess that will help on fasting days as won’t feel as hungry going to bed!

Didn’t wake up hungry though which I was surprised at!
    Good luck and let’s hope it works!

Welcome Emily and Alexis!
    Alexis, already losing 4,5 stone is amazing! I think this WOL can help you shed those last pounds, as it’s basically just creating a larger calorie deficit (2400 extra a week in your case) and has the added benifit of fasting (as long as you eat one meal on your fast days). Fasting increases your fat burning even more, so I think you’ll do just fine!
    There is also quite a large group of people who swear by working out fasted, to increase fat metabolism even further. I’m going to try this myself, so far my body is adjusting to my comletely new way of eating (22-23 hour fasts a day, one meal in the evening, alternating calorie count day to day from around 1300 to 0-500). Haven’t been able to kick myself into working out yet (1,5 week into this way of eating), but I’ll get there…

Emily (good to hear you’re motivated 😉 ) Well, as long as you’re satisfied, I guess you’ve had enough to eat! This WOL is all about listening to your body, so when it tells you it’s had enough, it’s had enough. To a certain point of course, but it sounds like your body is just adjusting. Some people don’t eat at all on fast days so it’s not that weird. Make sure you take in all important nutrients on non-fast days and you should be just fine!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.