Happy New Year

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eve56 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello from Townsville Australia! My first fast day will be thee first day of the new year and I am hoping it is a new beginning of big changes for me. I have just finished reading the book and have done all my measurements ready to go and will weigh and measure every Saturday. Would love to have someone join me for a Saturday check in to see how we are going and support each other along the way. Any fast buddies out there interested? Hope to hear from you soon. Good luck on your journey adn a happy, healthy new year to you all! Cheers, Judy

Happy New Year to everyone. I’m in the Noosa area, Judy, and I would love to have a buddy for this venture – tomorrow will be my first fasting day. Hope your fasting is going OK, what are you having to eat/drink. Cheers, Eve.

Hi Eve, This is my second fast day for the week today. To be honest, I am starving! I think I need to get my head around what 500cal looks like still. I had some smoked salmon and a few blueberries for breakfast and am not hanging out for the chicken stirfry (tiny portion on a saucer!) for dinner! Can’t say I’m enjoying it at the moment but sticking with it. How are you doing?

Hi Judy, I am doing OK, really surprised myself by coping with 500 calories. I did a celery/Kale/Blueberry shake in the morning (yep tasted yuk!) I had a banana and a coffee with milk, then for dinner I had roast lamb and vegs. My weakness is the in-between meals snacks (which I really craved) and too many coffees (I have 100ml milk in each coffee so it adds up calorie-wise) I’ve also tried sticking to not having those bikkies etc by having a couple of walnuts/almonds and that seems to work OK. So I am happy with it so far. Also trying to do some exercise (really hard to get motivated) I am doing Michael Mosley’s fast exercise – probably not as hard as he did, but I figure some is better than none LOL) Hope you’re still coping 🙂

addit… So I didn’t really have a long “proper” fasting period but I managed to do 500 calories which was a celebration in itself. Next fasting day I will try harder.

another addit… I am trying to cut down generally. Next fast day I plan to skip breakfast and just have broth and tea through the day then have a decent dinner. Should be doing it today but it didn’t happen, tomorrow is out as we have a lunch on so it looks like Sunday is the next one. It is going to be so hard not to have my milky coffee 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.