Greetings from New Zealand

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lizy 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi there from sunny Northland (Whangarei) in New Zealand.
    New to the whole Fast Diet concept, but saw the brilliant British doco and now have the books. My husband and I thought it made perfect sense and are now into our 3rd week. Have been getting a few lightheaded moments, but am putting that down to the sugar/carb withdrawals, as I’ve also started cutting down on carbs on my non-fast days. I don’t appear to be losing a lot of weight, but know it’s a long term lifestyle change, not a diet as such! My husband suffers from high cholesterol and blood pressure, so he’s really interested to see how he gets on at his next Dr visit.
    Good luck to all the “newbies” out there!!

Hi from frosty England! I’m new too and have a real feeling that this is going to be the last time I lose weight – for good! Good luck!

I’m sure you’re absolutely right. Only 3 weeks in and I would say my eating habits are definitely changing. Good luck to you as well and keep me updated on how you’re doing. It will motivate me 🙂

Hi from frosty China! 😉 Actually I am from the Netherlands, currently doing an internship in China and flying over to NZ early February to study and travel for 6 months! Looking forward to it!

A lot of people on here have had different health benefits, including improved cholesterol and blood pressure, so let’s hope it works for you hubby as well. And about the not losing a lot of weight, like you said, it’s a long term plan and your body may just be detoxing (hence the lightheadedness and maybe headaches) and preparing to shed that fat.

Cutting carbs is a great addition to this WOL (Way Of Life) so good on ya!

Hi there Crichton clan, we Kiwis are not too good at keeping the thread going so I am just wondering how you are getting on.

I am in my sixth week and having a bit of a struggle but determined to keep going as a way of life rather than a diet. I have lost cms around my waist and belly but not a lot of weight. So have to stop myself from being discouraged.

The forums are a great way of being supported.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.